How does one identify Depron?

Peter Miller

I have been helping sort out a recently departed modellers models and equipment.

He had a couple of packs of white foam sheet probably a fraction over 1/8" thick and about 2 feet by 18 inches.  Also large packs of blocks of white foam.

How would we identify them and would it be worth advertising them on E-Bay?

The original Depron had what some (including myself) referred to as a 'grain' effect, in the same way balsa sheet does, it will flex or roll easier one way across the sheet than the other.

Other foams currently sold as Depron, that will bend either way the same, as far as I am concerned, are not 'true' Depron, but can still be used.

I have been scratch building with the true Depron for well over 15 years, it was a brilliant material.

Ray.

Peter

If it is the original 'stiff' Depron it is definitely worth selling as it is no longer available.

The current true Depron (it has the word "Depron" printed repeatedly on each sheet!) is the softer more flexible type. It has to be imported from the EU. A single 1250 x 800 sheet is £6.