Problems with TX16S and Spektrum receivers

Geoff Bradley

I’ve had my TX16S for about 6 months and have  been happily flying my planes with FrSky receivers. So last week I decided to set up the transmitter for one of my planes that had a Spektrum receiver. All went well until I came to bind to the AR8000 receiver. The EnErG Pro esc …gave out constant beeps  indicating that it was receiving a throttle signal …even though the throttle was at minimum. After a lot of experimenting with the problem I discovered that it would bind successfully with the throttle plugged into the aileron connection of the receiver and the aileron servo connected to the Gear connection of the receiver. I thought it unusual but all the surfaces were working so I would be ok to fly.
Then I tried the failsafe…… I put the throttle on low revs and turned off the transmitter …..the throttle stayed the same. I tried the same excercise with the surfaces and they also stayed the same.

I’ve since updated the multi protocol firmware and tried two other Spektrum receivers with the same results.

Can anyone please advise me what to try next ?

A lot of Spektrum receivers only have failsafe on the throttle channel, so you have to have throttle plugged into the throttle channel on the receiver and then reorder the servo channels in the transmitter to match, this shouldn't be a problem on Open TX. i.e. TAER as opposed to AETR which is what you probably are using with the Frsky receivers

• Like 1

Thanks Cassandra that may work but I’ve also got several planes with AR6210 receivers that don’t do preset failsafe.

Frank …Brilliant….you have solved my problem. I’ve just checked the outputs from the receiver and they are AETR. I don’t know if what I’ve done is the correct method but I’ve changed the Channel  numbers in the Mixes menu to suite and all is working well. Thank a million ?

Edited by Geoff Bradley
  • Like 1