General vintage fly-ins / meetings

Can anyone point me to just 'general' vintage meetings. Sort off turn-up, fly and meet like minded people.

Hoping to go to Cocklebarrow in September but there doesn't appear to much else on this year.

Obviously Covid has had an effect but I would have thought there would be a couple of events on the cards.

Cheers

John

12 minutes ago, Peter Christy said:

You've just missed the Pontefract single-channel and retro meet - it was just over a week ago...!

--

Pete

Thank you Peter.

It's just knowing where the meetings are. I joined SAM35 last year but their current calendar doesn't have much in it, not even Cocklebarrow.

Cheers.

John

BMFA site

one meeting at Buckminster over a week ago

have a look on the BMFA

BUCKMINSTER FREE FLIGHT GALA 2020

A reminder that the third annual FF Gala will be held at the BMFA National Centre on Sat. 3rd., Sun. 4th. OR (in extremis) Mon. 5th October.  The final date will be decided on Thurs. 1st. and posted on BMFA website, or contact the organisers. Start time 10 AM. (no rounds)

This now established multi- discipline event (duration, scale & sport) demonstrates that meaningful FF duration can be flown on a limited site (and surrounding land). There may be some departures from BMFA contest rules, depending on conditions, but the object remains ‘pure’ performance FF.

Modelair Festival of Flight - 18th/19th September

Shuttleworth
Old Warden Park
Biggleswade
Bedfordshire
SG18 9DX

For lovers of model flying, ModelAir Festival of Flight offers the chance to enjoy radio controlled, free flight, and control line flying. Watch the action, or bring along your own and take part!

Competitions include:

• Vic Smeed Memorial Day (bring and fly one of his designs)
  • Vintage RC models welcome

All disciplines of sport flying welcome.

All disciplines of models (Control Line, Free Flight, Radio Control and Radio Assist) are encouraged to fly at all our events. Models and flying style should be in keeping with the historic ethos of The Shuttleworth Collection.

Weight restrictions apply: RC: 15kg; RC assist: 10kg; CL: 5kg; FF: 500g.

The event is suitable for all ages, dogs on leads welcome. There is a trade area and car boot area.

ALL MODELLERS flying model aircraft at ModelAir events, of any discipline, must carry proof of current BMFA insurance whilst flying – and please be prepared to show it to a ModelAir Marshal, if asked.

Refreshments will be available from the Runway Café or the Refuelling Station (dependant on Covid restrictions in place at the time).

All prices include entry to the Shuttleworth Collection, Swiss Garden, Parkland and Playground.

Terms and conditions apply.

https://www.shuttleworth.org/product/modelair-festival-of-flight/

11 hours ago, Denis Watkins said:

BMFA site

one meeting at Buckminster over a week ago

have a look on the BMFA

BUCKMINSTER FREE FLIGHT GALA 2020

A reminder that the third annual FF Gala will be held at the BMFA National Centre on Sat. 3rd., Sun. 4th. OR (in extremis) Mon. 5th October.  The final date will be decided on Thurs. 1st. and posted on BMFA website, or contact the organisers. Start time 10 AM. (no rounds)

This now established multi- discipline event (duration, scale & sport) demonstrates that meaningful FF duration can be flown on a limited site (and surrounding land). There may be some departures from BMFA contest rules, depending on conditions, but the object remains ‘pure’ performance FF.

Thank you Denis.

But isn't this just 'free flight' ?

I think I saw this but assumed it is not RC.

Cheers 

John

11 hours ago, Tim Hooper said:

Modelair Festival of Flight - 18th/19th September

Shuttleworth
Old Warden Park
Biggleswade
Bedfordshire
SG18 9DX

For lovers of model flying, ModelAir Festival of Flight offers the chance to enjoy radio controlled, free flight, and control line flying. Watch the action, or bring along your own and take part!

Competitions include:

• Vic Smeed Memorial Day (bring and fly one of his designs)
  • Vintage RC models welcome

All disciplines of sport flying welcome.

All disciplines of models (Control Line, Free Flight, Radio Control and Radio Assist) are encouraged to fly at all our events. Models and flying style should be in keeping with the historic ethos of The Shuttleworth Collection.

Weight restrictions apply: RC: 15kg; RC assist: 10kg; CL: 5kg; FF: 500g.

The event is suitable for all ages, dogs on leads welcome. There is a trade area and car boot area.

ALL MODELLERS flying model aircraft at ModelAir events, of any discipline, must carry proof of current BMFA insurance whilst flying – and please be prepared to show it to a ModelAir Marshal, if asked.

Refreshments will be available from the Runway Café or the Refuelling Station (dependant on Covid restrictions in place at the time).

All prices include entry to the Shuttleworth Collection, Swiss Garden, Parkland and Playground.

Terms and conditions apply.

https://www.shuttleworth.org/product/modelair-festival-of-flight/

Thank you Tim.

This looks promising and I will check it out.

Thanks

John

On 12/08/2021 at 08:26, John Wagg said:

Thank you Tim.

This looks promising and I will check it out.

Thanks

John

I hope to be there on the Sunday.

Although I fly from the RC flight line, I love to wander over to the free flighters and just watch in awe for a while.

.....and then there's the Shuttleworth Collection itself to wander around.....

Tim

19 minutes ago, Tim Hooper said:

I hope to be there on the Sunday.

Although I fly from the RC flight line, I love to wander over to the free flighters and just watch in awe for a while.

.....and then there's the Shuttleworth Collection itself to wander around.....

Tim

Thanks Tim.

Flown many many years ago at an Old Warden scale day.

August 2017 was the last time we did the Shuttleworth Collection. 

This flew in while we were in the hangers and flew out just after we left. Did manage to see it on its way home .   Spit.thumb.JPG.72c85d2f081e3f1fed232e88b26aab73.JPG