DX6e with DSM2 DX6i as buddy Tx

Frank Skilbeck

Quick question for Spektrum experts, as per the title, is it possible to wirelessly link an old Dx6i (DSM2 only) to a new Dx6e (DSMx) transmitter to use the Dx6i as the buddy box? Also does the Dx6e have the Spektrum trainer switch over where if the master Tx sticks are moved the master regains control?

Thanks.

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but just got round to trying to set up the DSMx Dx6e as master with my old DSM2 Dx6i as the slave, set the Dx6e to binding in the training menu and start the Dx6i in bind mode and nothing the Dx6e doesn't acquire it. I can only assume that the Dx6e will only acquire a DSMx transmitter, shame as this was for a club trainer and the Spektrum wireless training mode is very good.

Frank I had this a year or so ago until I googled the DX6i model and found it was DSM2 , there was a lot of head scratching until then . As far as wireless buddy boxing goes once setup our club has no had no issues at all with them despite some sceptics saying otherwise . The only issue we ever seem to have is keeping the trims on both TX the same as the trim on the Master does not automatically transfer to the slave .

• Like 1

Yep, wireless training is the way to go, I have the Multiplex wireless module in my Profi and also the wireless plug which allows my old Cockpit 35 mhz Tx to use any M Link Tx as a slave. Nice thing about the MPX system is that the master Tx only takes the stick positions from the slave so any trim settings, mixes etc are all held in the master.

I'll see if we can borrow/blag a DSMx Tx off a club mate to use as the slave Tx with our Dx6e.

The Jumper / Radiomaster Tx's use the same method as the MPX with regards to rates / trims / mixes.

You can also add a compatible receiver into a module case and go wireless between brands.

I have done this with both Futaba and Spektrum units with great success.

Edited by Andy Gates
spelling

• 1 year later...

Just to return to this, had a newbie looking for a transmitter so thought we'd try the Dx6e again, this time to another club mates DSMx Dx6e, same problem it wouldn't bind to the student Tx. Then we noticed that the firmware was version 1.23 and the clubmates was the later 2.09. Updated to 2.09 and it not only links up with DSMx transmitters now but also the older DSM2 ones as well. 

Thought I'd post this in case anybody else is struggling to link one to another Tx, then check the firmware it's running. The Spektrum update process is very easy, much less arduous than registering it in the first place 🤨

• Like 3