Deceased past member and his old RCM&E Mags.

flytilbroke

Hello guys, Some of the long term members may remember Myron Beaumont? Sadly after a long term incapacity he died. In his will he had left old RMC&E mags to Cancer Research who understandably are reluctant to accept them. At the moment I do not know just how many there are.
 His good lady asked me for advice. They would need to be uplifted from from her house which is about 8 miles from Scarborough town centre.
I know there is not much demand but I am sure that they could go for a donation to Cancer Research. Any one serious about wanting them please say here and I will PM contact details so they can arrange for themselves.

Thanks, Bob.

• Like 1

Myron was (and is ) missed on the forum.    Please convey to Myron's lady that I still remember his interesting comments on the forum.  

Magazine Exchange sell back numbers of RCME and all aeromodelling magazines.  It would be worth asking them.   Look at the prices they sell at  also see that some popular issues are sold out.

Otherwise bundle them into years and possibly put on Ebay or selling at a model show.   Individual issues sell for a few pounds each if you sell them that way.

I had a similar problem with my late brother's motoring magazines - I thought I would have to dump them but eventually someone bought them all.    I laughed all the way to the bank - at the sight of the buyers fancy 4 x 4 sagging under the weight!  

Edited by kc

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2021 at 21:56, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Sad news. I only knew him as a forum member but he had a wealth of experience and wasn’t afraid to express his point of view.  Please pass my condolences to his wife - Chrissie, if memory serves correctly?

Hi Martin, you are correct. 

Edited by flytilbroke
My error.