AR6610T Max volts on voltage input.

Brian Dorricott 1

60 volts that's plenty then , funny Spektrum don't mention it anywhere and you have to get it from a forum ! Above poster it's the telemetry voltage input I was after not the rx supply , means I can hook up my 6S lipo balance lead to the rx and monitor the the voltage . If it alarms every time I open the throttle its time to land and charge .

Ta all

Just put the rx on and used a calibrated bench power supply and it's accurate to .01 of a volt , impressive accuracy I don't need anything down to 10mV on a battery . Question now for a 6S what would you set the alarm for bearing in mind it will sag at WOT , does 22.2 volts sound about right ? Want to strike a balance between lots left and alarming every time the throttle is opened . Perfect would be a current monitor but never see any for sale .

Alarm setting really depends on what load you are applying.

I have just checked some data logs for a regularly flown 6s setup of mine that peaks at just over 1 kW, and after several minutes into the flight I am seeing something like 21.3 volts at about 43 amps when I push the throttle wide open for a vertical climb.

These are now fairly elderly 5000mAh Lipos, but I hope that helps.

Dick

Edited by Dickw

1 hour ago, Dickw said:

For in flight current, volts, rpm, altitude, etc. I use the SM UniSens-E.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sm-modellbau.de%2FUniSens-E-und-Zubehoer

Dick

+1 I recently ordered 2 from Germany, expecting to pay UK VAT and the collection fee, they came VAT free and SM Modelbau had already deducted the German VAT, result ? 

BTW 22.2 volts is 3.7 volts per cell, OK under no load, but I would think you'd need to be at 3.3-3.4 volts per cell under load i.e. 20.4 volts. Which Tx are you using, does it do voice and can you set it up so low volts is a trigger for announcements, then rather than having as alarm, set it up to read out the voltage when it drops below a certain level.

You might also consider a Spektrum Avian ESC which reports motor current, volts, speed etc., via the ar6610t telemetry. They're not much more expensive than the UniSens unit, the 60 amp 6S unit is about £50, 80amp 8S about £69.

Just a thought.

Edit - might be a few more £ now, model shop Leeds £72 for the 80 amp version.

Edited by BackinBlack
updated info