Next plane on from Carbon Cub ??

Upkeep

Hi folks

Ive been enjoying the Carbon Cub, Its had a few spills but is easy to repair.  Todays crash was a loop, followed by the battery coming out of its housing and disconnecting. The plane nosed dived into the field shortly after the battery hit the deck LOL 

Anyway, Im now thinking of another model to fly.

However, I'm lost in the myriad of options and aircraft on offer. If I give you a brief maybe you nice folks can guide me  ! ?

Foam

Big

Electric

Scale-ish

Big wheels for rough terrain. I fly from the fields at the back of my house but they are rough !

Flaps - quick take off and short landings on the rough.

Id like to carry on using Spektrum stuff ( I will buy a new radio ) 

I like the SAFE system. ( not the gps , just the back to level flight )  Ive found it invaluable when Ive got out of my depth. A quick flick of the switch and its back. 

Any high wing military planes suitable ?  I really fancy a Lancaster ?

So I guess I'm looking for something I can put Spektrum gear into or is there something ready to go that might fit the bill ?

Ta all 

Upkeep

Edited by Upkeep

To name a few:

e-flite Turbo Timber Evolution 1500mm,

FMS Beaver 2000mm ARTF,

One of the Riot variants, but fit bigger wheels.

I would persevere with high wingers until truly proficient. Warbirds and Multi engine models are a great more demanding of skill and likely to disappoint until you can handle them with confidence.

IMHO

1. Get used to flying the CC without safe!
  2. Increase the rates of the CC if they are very low
  3. Get used to fly the A test routine, start off with all the various elements and then string them together in to a complete routine
  4. Any of the above or a Kingfisher (without the giro)
  5. How about a hand launch glider
  6. Failing that hand launch model (parkzone etc)
  7. Stick with foam and 3S2200 powered stuff until you can do item 3 off pat without mistakes

Avoid everything else or it will hammer the wallet and confidence 

I would agree with Chris, the carbon cub or similar if you are still finding SAFE is getting you out of trouble. 

You have flying right by your house, which is really convenient, but joining a club would help with improving and seeing what is out there, even if you don't fly there most of the time. Even when I am not having an instructor, little comments from other flyers about my flights, or listening to others discussing flying problems expands my general flying knowledge.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrumpyGnome said:

My view, others are available, is that Draco is VERY expensive and has a number of problems - google issues and look at some forums.  Oh, and spare parts are ridiculously priced. 

Tundra's seem to fly well.

A fellow club member has a Draco, it looks nice and is well made but expensive, especially after you have added a couple of 6s batteries. STOL performance is pretty good and it would probably make a good glider tug but otherwise I would say the performance is lacklustre; take off, fly it around a bit, do a few basic aerobatics and land, there are much cheaper ways to do this. On the positive side it is pretty robust, it's been in 3 trees with only relatively minor damage.