Aurora 9

Alan Gordon 5

Hi Folks, My Aurora 9 has been in storage for approx one year, and I have used it one once before putting it into storage. However I have come to use it again and it simply wont link up the Tx seems ok and does what it is supposed to, but the Rx has no life I am using fully charged batteries and again I am following the instructions but still no go, any ideas on what might be wrong would be gratefully received. 

hello Alan have the same radio......try binding the RX again and make sure you have a link,as i take it that's what you are saying that it doesn't want to link up.i've found that sometimes you have to do it a couple of times before success...dont have the TX and RX too close together......

ken anderson...ne...1....success dept. 

There are a couple of binds in play here, your Rx will usually be either optima (black) or minima (usually blue, except the lite),and sometimes maxima but not as common. If it isn’t working as is, hold the bind button on the back of the tx then release, then press it again, for I think a few seconds and the lights will change pattern of flashes, I think from red to blue and red or just blue, can’t remember.Try both types, I think it will work. Tx are usually set for optima OOTB and need the above process to switch to the minima. Good luck

Maxima rx are black with alot of Red. OPTIMA are the "mostly black ones".. When you press the bind button in, what colour lights do you see flash on the tx module?.. If I recall, if you see blue in the flashing, then it is trying on a minima protocol. So press it again for a second, and the light sequence will change, then try again. Please confirm, exactly which rx you are trying

This is problem there are no lights what's so ever. If I plug the Bat into the other sockets then the LED lights up Red but when into the Bat socket there are no lights neither Blue or Red, what's concerning me is the fact the system was used once then I had to put back into original box for storage. the Rx is the Optima 7.

Powering up options are available for the rx using BATT or SPC 

For most common applications using BATT as you have

The Jumper is plugged into SPC

Any 2 socket bind plug will do it or a lab type jumper cable

To add

If you previously had a BEC and Telemetry

You may have removed the jumper and fitted your throttle/ ESC in SPC 

Edited by Denis Watkins

Thanks Denis I will keep on trying, Honestly my real problem is, if the RX turns out to be faulty then it became faulty while in storage !!!! My workshop is warm and dry and the radio set was put away in its original insulated carton. When I came to unbox the radio and test it, it did not work so I tried to rebind with no success hence the forum posts.

• 2 weeks later...