Charging

Diamond Geezer

15 minutes ago, Diamond Geezer said:

Hi guys

pretty new to leccy how many amps should I charge a 14.8v 4000 mah battery and how quick can I charge it

You would normally charge at 1c so a 4000mAh battery would charge at 4 amps. How long it takes to charge depends upon how much charge was in it to start. Assuming 75% of capacity has been used it should take about 45 mins to an hour depending upon how gently the charger puts the last bit of charge into the battery.

53 minutes ago, Diamond Geezer said:

Hi guys

pretty new to leccy how many amps should I charge a 14.8v 4000 mah battery and how quick can I charge it

I've got nothing but 4S 3700s. Always charge at 1C, 3.7A. From storage 3.85V/cell, we're talking 30mins to get up to 4.2V/cell. Always charged on a balance lead.

Edited by Mitchell Howard

43 minutes ago, Shaun Walsh said:

You would normally charge at 1c so a 4000mAh battery would charge at 4 amps. How long it takes to charge depends upon how much charge was in it to start. Assuming 75% of capacity has been used it should take about 45 mins to an hour depending upon how gently the charger puts the last bit of charge into the battery.

Completely agree with charging at 1c, but do people really regularly run LiPo batteries down to as low as 25%?

For longevity I don't like to go below 35% min, so aim to land on 45%, which still gives me another 10% in hand in case I have to go around etc.