Rumors of my demise were exaggerated

Grahamd

I'm not dead honest.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since I was a prolific poster on all model flying sites (inc RCMF) sadly when my father died 10 years ago the passion for building and flying seemed to get lost in the darkness. Before that time I wrote and reviewed several kits and aircraft (and other items such as my article introducing Poly-C to the anti epoxy generation) for Model World, before it also fell off its perch. Some of the other things I remember from that time was organizing the RCMF fly-in at Old Warden (probably the largest fly-in attended, with the like of Ally M attending and flying multiple engine turbine models and rotary engines (despite the dog show that OW slipped in under the radar). I have not given up modelling and in fact have been building a large fleet of model boats and the odd car, most of the reason for the change was a heart attack a few years ago that forced me to take 11 tablets a day along with the side effects they bring. Amongst them was the worse of shakes almost not being able to hold a cup of tea. However after seeing a quack and being referred I am now on Beta Blockers and the shakes are now controlled.

Time I feel to get back to my love, and so I am going to build (yes stick wood together, not foam) some large gliders (electric assisted), and who knows what next ?

first on the board is a Cambria Elan 100" glider.

• Like 2