Hitec AFHSS vs Red protocol

Matt Carlton

Simply question. I have a Hitec Ikonik Rx which came with a model and I thought I ought to be able to bind it to my Eclipse 7 Tx with a Spectra 2.4Ghz AFHSS module, but try as I might, with various sequences, I cannot get them to talk to each other. 

I am going to assume that this is because the Spectra module is quite old now, so the software predates the Red protocol. 

So, before I sell the Rx and buy an Optima or whatnot, is there a way of doing it? 

I have tried various combinations of switching on, off, bind buttons etc. So I assume its a dead end but you never know. 

Thankyou all

Matt

Matt. I've bound Hitec red Ikonik receivers to my Hitec Aurora TX, you have to set the module to Minima mode. My transmitter also uses the Spectra 2.4gHtz module that I suspect is the same as yours. I find binding the Aurora quite fiddley so I have the Hitec instructions in front of me whilst binding.

You can download the instructions from the Hitec RCD website.

I've found the Ikonik Hitec red receivers very reliable, good range and very cheap.