Knowing which battery to use

PedroD

Hi, 

Relatively new to the hobby and am a relatively competent pilot/ builder. I recently bought a second hand tiger moth but don't know what battery to use. Does anyone know how I'd find this out? The person I bought it from didn't tell me and now can't get hold of them to ask. It's fully set up and just needs my RX (which I have) and battery. 

Thanks ? 

10 hours ago, J D 8 said:

Hi Pedro, A bit more info about how experienced you are with RC flying and what make [ if possible ] and size of your Tiger, wing span, weight and type of construction will help us help you. Cheers.

Also, whether is has an electric motor or in internal combustion engine swinging the prop makes a big difference to the type of battery required.

13 hours ago, PedroD said:

Hi, 

Relatively new to the hobby and am a relatively competent pilot/ builder. I recently bought a second hand tiger moth but don't know what battery to use. Does anyone know how I'd find this out? The person I bought it from didn't tell me and now can't get hold of them to ask. It's fully set up and just needs my RX (which I have) and battery. 

Thanks ? 

Can you tell us what model it is? If it's an ARTF/PNP/RTF the model name and manufacturer is enouigh; if it's a kit or plan built span and AUW will be the most useful parameters. Also (assuming it is designed for electric power) telling us what sized ESC (electronic speed control) and any parameters you may know about the motor (weight, Kv, max rated power and current) would also be useful. As a last resort post up some photos of the components and connectors, that should help us advise you better.