Wot Camera advice?

So far, I have been fitting a Go-pro to various models and achieved reasonable success.

However, the camera has only a very wide lens, which makes other models look tiny, and give a fish eye effect.

I have seen countless other videos which are much better.

Can anybody recommend a small lightweight camera system that is easy to operate, does not make other models and people look like ants............and does not cost an arm and a leg please?.

General photography.

For some years I used a Canon digital compact with a viewfinder as well as large screen.   But they are no longer available with viewfinder ( why?) so i bought a quite expensive compact with electronic viewfinder - hated it especialy the touch screen and dozens of features you could not get rid of.   Electronic viewfinder is " behind" the action and too slow.

Recently i bought a digital SLR  much nicer to use but bulkier.    They can be very expensive but can be bought secondhand at reasonable prices for the previous models.   Especially good idea if you are not sure and want to change later.    Check out Jessops or Wex for used slr.  You could buy a guaranteed and 30 day exchange model with condition stated at same or less than that of EBay.  Make sure you check which lenses are compatible especially on Nikon where AF S or AF P lenses are concerned.

I bought a Nikon D3300 24 mega pixel with AF S 18 to 55 and a 55 to 200 for model aircraft photos.   Satisfied.    I wouldn't have bought less than 10 mp although 6mp might just satisfy and are very cheap.   However also check what memory cards they take- Compact Flash are expensive now it might be better to pay more for a camera that takes cheaper SD card!

Jessops and Wex sell used 'action 'cameras as well so check them out if that's what you are after.

Edited by kc