can't get Turnigy motor going

Tony Harrison 2

Kit: Turnigy G25 motor (710kv/600w), 4S/3700 battery (freshly charged), Turnigy ESC Plush-60A (UBEC 3A/5V ver 3.1 DC 5.6V - 26V), Spektrum AR410 RX, Spektrum Dx6i TX.

I power up the TX, connect battery, hear usual 3-tone "ready" tones - but the motor just sits there giving a single bleep every 2 seconds or so, accompanied by a tiny twitch. No response to throttle movement. Naturally I've swapped the ESC/motor leads around in various combinations, but the response is the same. The Turnigy ESC instructions show various "error" tones  but not the single tone/2 secs I experience. They also talk about programming the ESC via one's TX but I can't find how to do that - not sure the Dx6i is sophisticated enough anyway.

What blindingly obvious thing am I not doing? Or what might the error(s) be? I've checked the battery and it's recording 16.62V which seems healthy.

Any advice gratefully received - Tony

Edited by Tony Harrison 2
forgot something

Tony.

On the transmitter. you have the 2 main sticks for controlling the plane. Beside them you have the little square trim buttons on the throttle side press the square button down a few clicks.You should hear the motor arm.

Hope that makes sense 

Dan

11 minutes ago, dan h said:

Tony.

On the transmitter. you have the 2 main sticks for controlling the plane. Beside them you have the little square trim buttons on the throttle side press the square button down a few clicks.You should hear the motor arm.

Hope that makes sense 

Dan

Ah, the trim buttons - I hadn't any idea they were relevant to anything except flying controls. Will try this and report back.

rgds Tony

We are not finished yet Tony

So, maybe take a break

but next job is to test the AR 410 throttle channel with a servo

And

1st, we rebind the AR 410, normal throttle down, failsafe bind

with a servo in channel 1 and power to BATT 

So we see the throttle stick move the servo proportionally in  CH1 

Footnote

The DX6i is fully capable of doing any 6 channel job that you can imagine

Edited by Denis Watkins

1 hour ago, Brian Lambert said:

Have we tried pluging in a servo to the throttle cannel to check the receiver is working?

1 hour ago, EarlyBird said:

because it is only the throttle that is the problem.

1 hour ago, dan h said:

Tony I use the ar410 receivers my esc are plugged into channel 1..

Brian, I pulled the receiver from another model in which it had worked fine, with very little use. And EB, yes, I tested the rig the other day, and the control servos worked fine. It was indeed just the throttle which didn't. Dan and EB, I know I had a very sound (I thought) reason for connecting the ESC into the "Battery" channel on my AR410, but I just swapped it onto Ch1** - and bingo, lift off, motor whizzing around... Which makes me feel extremely thick, and though such a daft query has wasted people's time I am very grateful for this support - and I've learned a couple of things too.

Now I know the setup is fine, I can proceed to fit an extended bulkhead into this old-ish Seagull Arising Star, supplied complete to its former owner with a OS 46 2-stroke, to give the Turnigy motor proper clearance. Then it's off to see Stan Yeo for a couple of props... I know this model has been electrified by other folks, and I think this setup will work. Glad the motor's fine and I don't have to shell out for another...

Again, thanks and apologies for wasting people's time when I'd made a daft mistake.

Tony

**Ch1 is marked something like "Data" which is confusing...

• Like 2

Tony no reason to feel thick at all and you have not wasted anybody's time. that what's this forum is all about helping each other solve problems big or small. Ive had lots of help from the guys on here so its always nice to give some help back.

Glad you got it sorted.

Dan

• Like 1