Epson ET3700 Printer

Capt Kremen

A long shot perhaps, but does anyone know if an Epson ET3700 printer is capable of printing 'A5' size booklets using regular A4 paper?

ALL my previous printers of other make e.g. Canon, had a drop down, selectable option for 'booklet printing'.

For example printing any of the BMFA guides such as 'A Flying Start' could easily be achieved.

Standard A4 sheets being printed with A5 size text on each half of the A4 sheet AND double sided AND in such order that when collated & folded formed a A5 booklet.

Sadly, Epson online web pages and help were as much use as a 'chocolate teapot' !

I have an Epson ET4500 ecotank printer which is an earlier single sided variant of this type of printer.

I can certainly print A5 size text on each half of an A4 sheet; here is the option on my iMac with the BMFA Member's Handbook.:

image.thumb.png.4abad02a2cbb0dcfa00453870f25d7a1.png

You will see that Two-sided is defaulted 'off' as that is not supported by my printer but the inference is that it is available in the software for dual sided printers and there are numerous layout options. The 'Pages per sheet' control goes up to 16 pages per sheet. Sorry I can't be more definite but it looks hopeful.

Thoroughly recommend the ecotank printer, I would not go back to cartridges. 

John,

Thank you, you're a star.

Still think the method / manual is very convoluted for what should be a simple drop down selection.

Are manuals ever 'road tested' on a variety of end users(?). We're not all IT or PC wizards etc.!

Yes, ink tanks are the way to go instead of cartridges, (even the cheaper non-manufacturer varieties).

Meanwhile, I'm writing my own 'Janet & John' Plain English instructions for next time I want to print a booklet.

• Like 1

I've got the 3600 and this is how I achieve the 'booklet' print:

With the print option window open go to the print type option (mine is showing Safari as that is what I sent to the printer

image.thumb.png.37c05561c6e7ab303048c53c9d54afaf.png

Select layout and then you will get the further options

2021-10-04_17-17-04.thumb.png.2b456e38ba1d539d86d5a35f7a03c92c.png

Select 2 pages per sheet

2021-10-04_17-17-53.thumb.png.498da86b1e2571342607b6488c0d566c.png