Multiplex Funnycub

Mitchell Howard

On 12/10/2021 at 18:34, Frank Skilbeck said:

Yep, got one, great fun on calm days, would need a decent sized hall to fly indoors.

Typical MPX quality and goes together well, you can (well I did) get a slight anhedral on the main wing, but it doesn't affect the flying qualities.

Hi Frank - did you use the recommended adhesives? Instructions call for MPX852727 and MPX852728. I can only buy MPX852727 at a reasonable price in the UK.

Edited by Mitchell Howard

Mitchell, no my LMS didn't stock them so I just used thin and thick cyano with an activator. I have used the MPX Zacki previously and there are excellent.

I think for the thin cyano I was using Zap thin and the thick was Gorilla cyano.

It's a lot of cyano'ing so do make sure you are working in a well ventilated space.

Not sure if Elapor is any different to other foam but I can vouch for Multiplex foamies. I've built four over the years and they all still fly, looking bit tatty now after a lot of abuse and a couple of crashes but lost none of the flying qualities. The builds where all good too with well designed and made fittings that did not have to be replaced. Worth every penny that cost.

I never used any of the expensive Zacki cyano though just my normal cheap stuff from Screwfix. None of them have come apart.

• Thanks 1