16 hours ago, Shaun Walsh said:

Just been on the Hobbyking website and UK warehouse is back as an option although precious little appears to be available yet.

Interesting. You have to wonder who (if anyone) is in charge of Comms and PR; you’d think they’d have announced the EU warehouse on their YT channel last week but nothing, but instead they went with a random fanboy “reviewer” channel. Now they appear to be opening up the UK again, but there are zero Comms on the site or their YT channel. How can anyone buy from them if this kind of basic info isn’t available?

The HK Global site has always been willing to ship to the UK - it was just the shipping costs that were prohibitive. Once they introduced their <100g cheaper postage option then ordering small spares etc from them becau-me viable again. I've had two such orders delivered successfully, though it does take a few weeks, for about a fiver postage.

Just received an email from Hobbyking advertising a new Orange DXSMX 6 channel Rx. Out of curiosity Iogged on. Read the item description and clicked on add to cart and followed through. UK warehouse was flagged up, continued to shipping, the first option was Royal Mail at about £2.60. Make of that what you will. Oh VAT was included in the price

• Like 1

Another (slightly off-topic- Ali Express) update.  Ordered an A2212 replacement motor from AE on 17th (for £6.72 total incl postage).  Was informed that it would arrive 04 September, which would have been  fine.  It arrived today- 7 days later!!

Edited by Tosh McCaber
  • Like 1

On 23/08/2023 at 13:39, Martin Dance 1 said:

Just received an email from Hobbyking advertising a new Orange DXSMX 6 channel Rx. Out of curiosity Iogged on. Read the item description and clicked on add to cart and followed through. UK warehouse was flagged up, continued to shipping, the first option was Royal Mail at about £2.60. Make of that what you will. Oh VAT was included in the price

I had the same email and experience here although the inquisitive side of me took over and I bought it, will let you know if it arrives!!

10 hours ago, Tosh McCaber said:

Another (slightly off-topic- Ali Express) update.  Ordered an A2212 replacement motor from AE on 17th (for £6.72 total incl postage).  Was informed that it would arrive 04 September, which would have been  fine.  It arrived today- 7 days later!!

That's been my experience with all of my Ali Express orders - they give an estimated delivery date three weeks in the future then the order arrives within 7 days. My last order with them was shipped from a Leicestershire address.

On 25/08/2023 at 09:14, Flying Squirrel said:

I had the same email and experience here although the inquisitive side of me took over and I bought it, will let you know if it arrives!!

Well, a week later order is still 'Processing'......UK stock my ar$e! At least it firms up my initial thoughts that sticking with UK based hobby shops is the right thing to do.

Sounds like another own-goal for HK PR; I will personally wait for their official announcement that it is open before trying a test order I think! Not that surprising though, in the early days of any new (or reconstituted) operation fulfilment is always likely to be sub-optimal.

On 25/08/2023 at 15:55, Tosh McCaber said:

Don't know the science as to how/ where goods are delivered from China?- my package had the same Leicestershire return address!

Drop shipping.  Aliexpress run their own DS operation in the UK (somewhere...)

AFAIC HK are still a busted flush, until they can prove unequivocally to the contrary.  In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on all you guinea-pigs 🙂

On 25/08/2023 at 15:55, Tosh McCaber said:

Don't know the science as to how/ where goods are delivered from China?- my package had the same Leicestershire return address!

I followed the excellent tracking data on my latest Ali Express order, which arrived today, 7 days after being ordered and it did indeed come from China, dispatched on the day it was ordered, travelled by air freight, through an unnamed transit country, then to the UK, where it spent a day in UK Customs before being cleared and delivered here two days later. It had the same Coalville return address as my earlier orders. That delivery was free BTW.

Edited by leccyflyer

The Chinese shippers have chartered cargo aircraft, flying into selected air fields across Europe, with nearby warehouses. Covid era, to circumvent supply chain disruption. Early in the cycle, they were using 747s, pensioned off. No idea what they use now. 
Shift work for the crews.

1 minute ago, Don Fry said:

The Chinese shippers have chartered cargo aircraft, flying into selected air fields across Europe, with nearby warehouses. Covid era, to circumvent supply chain disruption. Early in the cycle, they were using 747s, pensioned off. No idea what they use now. 
Shift work for the crews.

I think East Midlands is a cargo hub and Coalville isn't all that far away from there (probably fewer than 10 miles?) so perhaps they have a depot there.

I for one will welcome the return of HK, if it happens. |I was a happy shopper with them.

Still to try Aliexpress.

Amazon purchases VAT paid from other than UK have worked for me.

As have some UK on-line retailers, as for me high street Hobby shops have been a poor, expensive, low choice retail option for many, many years, now extinct.

• Like 1

On 30/08/2023 at 10:50, Flying Squirrel said:

Well, a week later order is still 'Processing'......UK stock my ar$e! At least it firms up my initial thoughts that sticking with UK based hobby shops is the right thing to do.

Well it arrived, no issues but not good enough for me tbh, I'll try and stick to UK shops. They have after all served me well over the last couple of years.

• Like 1