3D Foamie anybody?

SIMON CRAGG

Can anybody recommend a decent 3D foamie from the current offerings?. Over the years I have had countless "3D" models (remember the "Slim Twin"), but none of them have been that brilliant in my hands!. Some were good at prop hanging (Robbe Diamant), and some were good at flat spinning (Frantic). But try as I might, I could not discover a model that would do everything!. I know, it's probably me.......but I have been trying for 50 years!.

I have a Crack Yak and a Laser from Twisted Hobbys. Both are excellent. The Yak is slightly heavier and tougher and can be flown in a little wind, the Laser is lighter and prefers totally calm days. I love them both. The Yak can be chucked about wildly and will do all the 3D stuff, prop hanging, rolling harriers and so on but is probably best on a 3S battery. The Laser is more precise and a bit smoother but will still do everything you can think of and does it all on 2S. They are easy to build and there are first class instructions available on line to supplement the ones in the box. Neither are cheap as foamies go but well worth the money in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I have an RC factory crak yak (big) which is a really good flyer, the only problem being that it gets blown about in anything above 5mph winds, perhaps it's because our site is prone to much turbulence.the parkmaster is, I find an excellent model and like the yak has far more performance than most of us can exploit.

I have a crak yak xl awaiting building this I think would be the best choice for flying in light winds of up to 12mph.if you watch the RC factory videos on YouTube, when flown outside the lack of any wind is apparent.

Have fun.