Enya 120 4c modifying to petrol ?

Paul De Tourtoulon

2 hours ago, David Ovenden said:

Are you doing a de-coke on the head and valves while you have it all to bits?

No never dabbled in drugs,,,?

just a rub like the magic Lantern,,,,and wishing that it runs better;?

My aluminium litho joint is soft so no annealing needed,,

Edited by Paul De Tourtoulon
rub

The head gasket, bearings and new exhaust have done their magic, down to 10.000 rpm on the APC 14 x 7 prop,

95db on the new exhaust, the old one was from a 4 stroke, maybe my old OS 20cc a compressor, the new one is ( I think )

an old tuned pipe for a 4cc 2 stroke, it doesn't vibrate much at all,,,

The small silencer is Diameter 30mmand total length 230mm

the bigger black one is D 35mm x 350mm.

so what do I do with it,,, 'maybe' swap it over from my Rcgf 15cc clone in my horrible looking Golly,,,, ?

I also received to my delight an OS .61fs all gummed up and blocked ( thanks to castor oil ) a rinse with methanol and a warm up from my decaper

got it running in around 1 hour, and it really runs well, all that for 65€ !

Enya 2 exhaustes.jpg

Edited by Paul De Tourtoulon
their not there,,,
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

9 flights in my Seagull Skyraider and it's ridiculously over powered, after take off it goes vertical then none of my silencers have lasted a flight only my stainless steel flexible joint, and the last 3 flights it spluttered in a roll and flamed out landing short of the runway on the last flight, ripping out one of the retracts, so out it came, I have an Irvine .60 that I will fit this week hoping that it will be powerful enough,,,

For sale one Enya 120 only bench run,,, LOL,,,,?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Help,,, 

After being hounded by 'so called buyers" in France I took my ad down and decided to crack on with my Enya, 120, I want to try and see if giving a bit more exhaust valve 'slop' will make it quieter, and also maybe another 0.4mm head gasket,,, also I have a Enya 90 4c silencer, maybe an adapter on it and drilling the end out,,,

what are your thoughts,,

Thanks,,,

33 minutes ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

, I want to try and see if giving a bit more exhaust valve 'slop' will make it quieter, ,

Dont do that! If you leave the clearance wide the rocker will slam into the valve and you will peen it over. You may also break the rocker with the repeated impact causing fatigue, and you risk the pushrod jumping out of its location and jamming the valve open. This is all bad, and expensive to fix. 

On the exhaust issue, see if someone can make you a header that will fit the engine and is threaded on the other end for OS/ASP style exhausts. I need to have a go at this on my 155 as the stock header snapped off. If i get time i might be able to make 2 if you want one, but i cant say when i am going to get around to doing the work so you might not want to wait for me. 

• Like 1

Unless its knocking and throwing propellers around the field i would not mess with the head gasket. It will not make any difference to the noise. 

With the header, you could make it an exact copy of the original just with the OS thread on the end and not the weird setup enya uses. You could then fit the muffler body after the cowl is fitted if you wanted to. 

• 4 months later...