Binding an E-Flite Extra to TX16S

Have been consolidating indoor models onto my Radiomaster TX16S e.g. 'Night Vapor', '4-Site Bipe' and, an e-Flite Extra 3D.

ALL bar the 'Extra' have bound no-problem but the Extra refuses to co-operate! (Using DSM 21F on all others without issue).

Have tried different DSM protocols, different model numbers (of course!) and ensuring the Tx is not swamping the Rx.

The Rx flashes away in bind mode and occasionally goes solid but no further i.e. no servo twitch when connected and checking the Tx monitor suggests no output???

All other models indoor & outdoor work fine on various protocols FrSky, Spektrum, Orange & MPX.

Any thoughts? What can I try next?

Hi Denis, Yes, I appreciate that as I originally operated the model using a Spektrum DX6i.

I tried the Spektrum again and all worked fine, in fact I'm flying indoor with it this evening.

So, why doesn't the TX16S want to play ball when all similar Horizon/e-Flite indoor models operate fine with it?

Have I inadvertently selected/deselected a setting in the TX16S model menu?

The 'Extra' flew well yesterday evening with the Spektrum DX6i, so I proved the Rx and servos were all good and not the culprits.

Today I scanned the 'Extra' model memory I'd set up in the TX16S for any obvious deviation; nothing jumped out at me.

(Yes, MattyB it is an old model, don't think Horizon have had it in their product line for quite a while now).

So I duplicated an existing, fully working TX16S, indoor model.

The acid test, I activated the bind function on the TX16S with the 'Extra' indoor Rx flashing red in bind mode.

Voila! Success the TX16S bound perfectly to the 'Extra'.

I cannot fathom what may have been the issue with the original 'Extra' model memory which I have now deleted.

Maybe a line of code(?) or some other element of the IT didn't quite register during set-up(?)

All satisfactorily working now.

Thanks for the replies.

• Like 3