Model Technics

Hi All

I would just like to thank everyone who has used our fuels in the past- The Model Technics Factory has now closed and in future Optifuel will take over production. Hopefully this should allow everyone to still be able to get hold of our fuels via the favourite supplier.

Phil ( and everyone at Model Technics)

• Sad 1

Sad news indeed and i would like to thank all at Model Technics for the support they have offered Laser engines over the years with custom fuel mixes and everything else. 

To follow up on Phil's comments there is going to be no issue with fuel supply going forward. I was given a heads up on all this a few months ago and have been in contact with optifuel and MT through the whole thing. 

Plans are in place to make sure that the Laser specific fuels, as well as the other fan favourites will be available into the future ? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good luck Phil.

Like many others I bought from him at the shows and always found him cheerful and extremely helpful.

Just to side track. It seems these days when small business owners retire that nobody wants to take over.

It used to be that someone younger (ok, maybe not that much) would want to take on a viable business, but not so now.

This doesn't just apply to our hobby, but all small businesses. Maybe making money on t'internet is too easy (at the moment).

I think in the future any young person with practical ability and a bit of intelligence is likely to do very well.

Just to echo what's been said. Our hobby without Model Technics is going to be difficult to get used to but we are where we are and my best wishes and thanks go to Phil for decades of great service and products from MT. I suppose that'll be the end of the glowplug range as well?

I know nothing about Optifuel and assumed when I've seen the odd bottle or two on the field that they were an imported brand - well I'm pleased that after a quick web search I see that's not so and they operate out of Dewsbury, so that's good news. I imagine that their customer base will increase considerably now which can only be a good thing, so good luck and I look forward to trying the products.

• Like 1

"Model Technics by Optifuel" on the label in the future?

Maybe not such a big change C8?

1 hour ago, kevin b said:

Maybe making money on t'internet is too easy

I think people think making money on the internet is too easy.

If it really was too easy, everyone would be doing it.

2 hours ago, Nigel R said:

"Model Technics by Optifuel" on the label in the future?

Maybe not such a big change C8?

I think people think making money on the internet is too easy.

If it really was too easy, everyone would be doing it.

I thought they were.   :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

I want to pass my most sincere thanks to Phil and the entire staff at Model Technis for so many years of excelent products and service.

I have been a devoted Model Technics user since I discovered it in the early 90s when it became available in Spain and I have never left using it since then!

It will be sad when I finish my current stock of fuel from the brand and I will have search for something different. Probably I will return to buy separate components and mix my own fuel.

All the best to Phil and his team at Model Technics from a Spanish user.

There's a thread on the Barton forum about this and near the end mentions that Southern Modelcraft will also be ceasing trading next year. Add to this glow fuel issue potential supply problems with Lipo's,  etc and electric motors(materials being redirected to cars) and the reduced availability of petrol if the electric car push takes off. The writing is write large and clear on the wall concerning the future.

Barton Forum on Glow and Diesel Shortages

1 hour ago, GONZO said:

The writing is write large and clear on the wall concerning the future.

Really???
 I don’t think so 

On 28/10/2021 at 12:46, Jon - Laser Engines said:

To follow up on Phil's comments there is going to be no issue with fuel supply going forward. I was given a heads up on all this a few months ago and have been in contact with optifuel and MT through the whole thing. 

Plans are in place to make sure that the Laser specific fuels, as well as the other fan favourites will be available into the future

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GONZO said:

There's a thread on the Barton forum about this and near the end mentions that Southern Modelcraft will also be ceasing trading next year. Add to this glow fuel issue potential supply problems with Lipo's,  etc and electric motors(materials being redirected to cars) and the reduced availability of petrol if the electric car push takes off. The writing is write large and clear on the wall concerning the future.

Barton Forum on Glow and Diesel Shortages

Scaremongering worthy of the tabloids. 

Glow fuel is methanol and oil at its core. Both are used for all sorts of things and can be sourced as raw ingredients if it really comes down to it. 

Petrol and diesel, please. I doubt i will see the end of petrol and diesel in my lifetime unless they get hydrogen sorted out. Even so, hydrogen is only 'green' if they use renewable energy to zap water into atoms. Currently they do some witchcraft with methane if i recall correctly and its not green at all. 

All these promises to ban i/c cars by next week are empty political promises made to make themselves look good and get another go come election day. The technology and infrastructure will take decades to mature/install so i think we are safe for a while yet. 

Most of the current shortages being experienced are demand/supply/logistics related. We certainly have not run out of oil yet. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The original posting by Phil said

"in future Optifuel will take over production. Hopefully this should allow everyone to still be able to get hold of our fuels via the favourite supplier  "

so why are people thinking they won't be able to get their favourite fuel?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...