Cold and windy whatever happened to sunny France ?.

It was 11°C at our model field yesterday but still 9 members and a youngsters Mother turned up to fly, 0 wind
till I got my Tiger Moth up into the yonder grey sky, I had to try out my OS .61fs  that I got second hand for 65€  :afro:  it turned out 5 minutes later to be a big mistake, 30+ klm/h cross wind blew up, and as the main runway is S/N across the field is only 41 metres of uncut ( the North end ) grass and mole hills, the club members were huddled together like penguins and waited for the 'British' mouthy pilot to finally crash a plane so that they could celebrate my downfall , ;DI scraped over the 1m.20 high fence that a club member earlier that day wrote his plane off after crashing into it, shut the throttle down and did a 3 pointer 20 metres before the line of 15 metre high trees, ?

yes that shut them up they all went home, what a smug Englishman I was. ?

For you David, Thierry flew his 3d printed 1.4m plane into the fence,,,he didn't see it,,,?

Edited by Paul De Tourtoulon

The weather in France isn't always as idyllic as some would claim ?  We've had some very wet, windy cycling in France over the years when we regularly cycle camped there.  We've hung around several days for decent weather on a few occasions - once to ride the appropriately named Ventoux and again to do a circuit in the Pyrenees taking the Col d'Aubisque.  In fact the first time we climbed the Aubisque from Laruns was one evening in July after a day's wet ride - being young(er) and foolish, I thought 16km up and 16km back down even in the wet would be a piece of cake ?

Never the less, we'd move there like a shot if we were 25 years younger.  Just hoping we can tour again once this pandemic is over.

53 minutes ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

It was 11°C at our model field yesterday but still 9 members and a youngsters Mother turned up to fly, 0 wind
till I got my Tiger Moth up into the yonder grey sky, I had to try out my OS .61fs  that I got second hand for 65€  :afro:  it turned out 5 minutes later to be a big mistake, 30+ klm/h cross wind blew up, and as the main runway is S/N across the field is only 41 metres of uncut ( the North end ) grass and mole hills, the club members were huddled together like penguins and waited for the 'British' mouthy pilot to finally crash a plane so that they could celebrate

For you David, Thierry flew his 3d printed 1.4m plane into the fence,,,he didn't see it,,,?

Well, in his de-fence he dosen't often crash coming from that direction! He just needs more practice.