Tidying up a plane.

David Thomas 1

Don't add anything, I had a Kingfisher off a club member that got him through his A and a few mishaps along the way (including plenty of glue). I used it as a hack and for teaching people who just turned up for a go on the buddy lead. I flew ok

Then due to a complete act of stupidly I lost it (not even flying it!) so bough a new one and the difference was remarkable, so my guess is the additional weight and slightly wonky bits all add up to quite a difference.

Just keep fixing and flying it until its like Triggers broom (contains no original parts!) and by then you will have moved onto something else.

I know your embarrasment Dave.  My poor SKYARTEC Cessna 182 had to survive 8 years of rough and tumble in the garage before I got around to flying it.  By the time of its maiden it had already had the tail fin repaired twice, the engine cowl had been cracked and repaired, one flap was broken in half along with the elevator.  I recently joined a predominately fixed wing club (having been flying helicopters for 10 years), but when I took the Cessna for its maiden/ it looked a real mess compared to all the other prestine wooden and foam models on display.  Somewhat amazingly it flew brilliantly, but I still feel more than a little embarrasment when assembling it before carry it to the flight line.  I did consider covering it in solarfilm etc, but decided instead that could effect its flyability, so I to just fly it like I stole it and when it finally meets its (inevitable) end, it will be replaced with another foamie that will hopefully get a less hanger and transport rash.

Have fun.