Aluminium Spinners?

PWLT

Hi 

Please can anyone recommend a good quality aluminium spinner (3" to 4") that doesn't require an adaptor nut and bolt to secure it? 

I have several OS IC glow engines of various sizes and they all require the use of a safety/lock nut in addition to the prop nut & prop washer. 

By the time you add the spinner backplate there is not enough thread left free on the prop-shaft/crankshaft to adequately attach the spinner's adaptor nut. 

Alternatively, if there is a better way to safely secure props and spinners that use this fixing method, please let me know ? ?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards to all

Peter

10 hours ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

either forget the locknut (you really dont need one) or use the adaptor nut as a locknut. I think just engines offer both options 

As Jon suggests ?

Alternatively swop the castled main nut for a standard one with washer packers if required to ensure enough thread in the spinner nut. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/12/2021 at 10:41, PWLT said:

Hi 

Please can anyone recommend a good quality aluminium spinner (3" to 4") that doesn't require an adaptor nut and bolt to secure it? 

I have several OS IC glow engines of various sizes and they all require the use of a safety/lock nut in addition to the prop nut & prop washer. 

By the time you add the spinner backplate there is not enough thread left free on the prop-shaft/crankshaft to adequately attach the spinner's adaptor nut. 

Alternatively, if there is a better way to safely secure props and spinners that use this fixing method, please let me know ? ?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards to all

Peter

Just to answer my own question here for completeness should others find the same problem.... 

OS actually make and sell a "Lock Nut Set for Spinner" part OS45910200. 

I bought one today from Leeds Model Shop and it works a treat, it's exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want to ignore the engine instructions and not use a locking nut, so for peace of mind, it was worth the money. 

Regards to all.

Peter

OS45910200.JPG