Spektrum DSMX RX antenea wires .

Basil

Can some one advise on what to do with the twin wire aerial on theses rx's please. What direction should they face in relation to one another and how close to a servo or battery should they be. Or any other do's and donts.

Thanks in advance.

Bas

My understanding is that if you have a receiver which also has one of the little satellite receivers on the end of a cable, you should ideally set the aerials so that they are in the X, Y and Z planes to each other; in other words one along the axis of the model, one across and one vertical if you have space.

If you have no satellite, then at 90° to each other as Nigel says above.

50 minutes ago, Nigel R said:

Most of all, they should be at 90 degrees. And ideally, away from large lumps of battery/servo.

I find it quite useful to glue in a drinking straw (wrap in masking tape) to poke the aerial into.

Which receiver is it?

It's a Storm S603(Spektrum TX)

Many thanks to you all for your input.All noted, as to the siting of the aerials. I have adopted the straw idea, good idea to.I understand the RX illustration, but not so sure about the TX. Do you mean not staight and not pointing directly at the Plane!.

One other thing, how close to a servo can you go as sometimes there is not a lot of room to spare. Is to close almost touching the servo?

Bas

9 minutes ago, Basil said:

Many thanks to you all for your input.All noted, as to the siting of the aerials. I have adopted the straw idea, good idea to.I understand the RX illustration, but not so sure about the TX. Do you mean not staight and not pointing directly at the Plane!.

One other thing, how close to a servo can you go as sometimes there is not a lot of room to spare. Is to close almost touching the servo?

Bas

2.4gig is amazing and is designed to operate in difficult circumstances.

We just strive to present the best connection.

The weakest Tx signal is the straight aerial pointing straight at the model, but it is still a signal and usually for a short time in a poor situation.

Every lump of metal in the model, servos, motor, battery pack

Can put the antenna in a " shadow " at some point.

Is why we have 2 antenna

So keep these away and diverse as best you can, from lumps of metal.

Edited by Denis Watkins