Roy Scott Ju88 project

David perry 1

The retracts are coming on.  Slow progress but getting there.  I can turn my attention to the control surfaces now and then finally sheet the surface of the wing and try to get it true.  Having got the retracts working how the heck the nacells will work out is anyones guess!

Edited by David perry 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That is how I done my Seafury cowl David, the front is pink foam ,similar to the blue. The fuselage is foam board formers on a balsa frame covered in brown paper.

The last model I made  a Me 110 which I am currently flying is made with foam board and I used Celotex for the nacelles, it is super light but marks easy once covered it is ok

_20201130_230217[1162].JPG

I downloaded some similar cowl models from thingiverse and 3D printed them for my Ki45. I think they were originally for a proprietary Beaver model. I resized them to 100mm diameter and away I went. They weigh very little and are reasonably tough.

1458682374_Ki450802222.thumb.jpg.8cc1d6adf0706d2c1725c3e41d5b6c43.jpg

The rest of the nacelles were made with foamboard over foamboard formers, and as you can see, covered with brown paper.

Graham

• 3 months later...

Work progresses slowly...control surfaces now fitted ready for horns and pushrods.  Next, assembly and balance...find out were the heck to put two lipos!  Then disassemble and cover in pva and paper.  I'll send pics when it is assembled though.   In the mean time I bought a new radio - Futaba 16iz - so thats also being figured out and programmed for this.  Im not getting much flying I must say...busy with work and other things.  Cant do it all.  I did acquire an old Magnum 30 4 stroke thiugh which I ran up today and found to be a real sweety.

Edited by David perry 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting there.  Wings and fuz mated, all controls fitted.  Now for covering: paper and thinned PVA then spray paint.  Weight at the moment a little under 8lb including everything to make it fly except the finishing touches so I am hopeful for a TOW of around 8 1/2 lb, the original weighed in at 9 1/2lb.  Two 80a ESC on the motors.

ju88.jpg

Edited by David perry 1
  • Like 5

• 9 months later...

Prigress has been slow as i get a full size auster j1 back into the air after a 5 year lie in the hangar.  Four bungees, two tyres and one magneto to go...

She has flown at my hands and beautiful she is.  Hopefully get a lot more this summer.  Anyway, the bomber is close to the bench again.