RF8 Sound problem

Tosh McCaber

Hi all,

I've had Realflight RF8 mounted , very successfully, on my Acer computer for three years now.  I have operated it via a Spektrum dongle, and my DX9 tranny, using my 50" Panasonic television as a monitor, on HDMI2 on the tele, and have put many hours of useful practice in, between my real flying at the field.

However, a couple of weeks ago, two things happened. 

I changed my 6 year old Panasonic for a Panasonic 65"OLED television (fantastic picture!). 

As well, I've upgraded from Win 7 on the computer (at last!) to Win 10. As well, I've had the computer RAM upgraded with more memory- from 8Gb to 12Gb, and my 200Gb C drive replaced with a 480Gb.  I have the same storage hard drives-  two 7gb Raid hard drives.

So far as I can see, everything should now be superior to the original.  Certainly no problems- until now with RF8!

Due to the Win10 upgrade, I've had to reinstall my Realflight from the disc.  That went without a hitch.  However, now, when I'm flying any of the aircraft, I'm experiencing problems with the sound.  The aircraft engine noise stutters between on, and then no sound for between half a second and a couple of seconds, then on again.  This happens, both on the ground, and when the aircraft is flying.  It's as though the aircraft enie is misfiring!

The picture and increased screen size is excellent, but the sound problem is both puzzling (to me anyway), and disappointing.

Has anyone any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

Thx in advance!

I'm definitely not fully up to speed with new TVs but have been looking at adding a sound bar to my existing TV which is not new.

There seems to be various standards applicable to new and not-so-new TVs with regards to the HDMI interface and sound transfer.  It might be worth while looking into your new TV requirements compared to the output from your system (soft or hard ware).

Hi,

If your computer has 2 graphics cards, check your running the sim with the best card. 

Drop quality of the graphics and sound low and see if that clears the problem then slowlly bit by bit increase the quality.

Update drivers as much as possible.

If the computer has pre-boot diagnostics built in then try that.

Check via win10 control panel that you are sending sound via the HDMI output.

regards

Steve

If you plug headphones into the computer and the problem is still there then the problem lies within the computer, possibly a driver issue, you may need to update or reinstall the sound driver(s).

If it sounds ok then the problem is either with the HDMI drivers or there's a dodgy connection on the HDMI connection or its a problem with the tv, so:

Try a different HDMI cable.

Plug the HDMI cable into a different HDMI input on the TV.

Update the drivers

1 hour ago, Tosh McCaber said:

Thanks guys- I should maybe have added that I don't have any sound problems with any other programmes on the computer, using the TV as a monitor.

Would indicate that its a problem with the RF8 installation or as has been said before if your graphics card is not very powerful then if the new tv is running at higher resolution than the old one you may be overtaxing the system. What graphics card is installed?