Howard Metcalf Crossfire.

Yes, Super model and with modern electrics, LiPo etc. will be even better.

Does it have a plan? (Can't recall, it was some years ago!). If so PM me to arrange a copy if I may.

Designer/Manufacturer, Howard Metcalfe, is still active, though I understand it's free-flight these days.

1 hour ago, Capt Kremen said:

Yes, Super model and with modern electrics, LiPo etc. will be even better.

Does it have a plan? (Can't recall, it was some years ago!). If so PM me to arrange a copy if I may.

Designer/Manufacturer, Howard Metcalfe, is still active, though I understand it's free-flight these days.

I will have a look in my old plans.if I remember you had a self adhesive sheet that you stuck to the balsa to cut round.

15 hours ago, Andrew Calcutt said:

Anyone remember the crossfire?Found my old one in the loft,it is fitted with a speed 600,think I will refurbish it and fit a brushless motor.It was a good smooth flyer with a lighter battery should be good.

They did fly well, but with a modern brushless power train and lipo power you may find that nose needs to be lengthened slightly or the RC layout rejigged to achieve the right CG. Did it have servos in the tail originally?

Mine has an eflite 25 brushless motor and runs on a 2200mah 4S, and a 60A ESC.. kind of skips along a bit!, but beautifully smooth. Only downside is wing off to replace battery, but takes a minute so not great shakes. Its kinda like a bigger and smoother easystreet (original)

photo (002).jpg

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

• Like 2

I'm on my second Crossfire. Stupidly sold my first then came across a secondhand Crossfire wing for sale at Old Warden, so I bought the wing for £5 and built a new fuselage from the plan that I still had. 4 servo wing 35xx brushless motor, 13x8 folding prop, 3s 2200 lipo that is inserted via a hatch under the nose. Great flyer, goes like a rat up a drainpipe and floats like a glider. My all weather fighter, very light too.

A couple of years ago I bought the updated plan from a guy called Peter Sanders who's contact details were in RCM&E, I will build it when I break my current Crossfire.

IMG_20180422_094214457_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by Outrunner
Added photo
  • Like 1