Twin esc, one channel

40 minutes ago, EarlyBird said:

image.png.919b48a453accdc2ffeb3b7c3533eaf0.png

An ESC with no speed control? 

I don't understand.

Steve

As per the AliExpress listing - certainly unusual...

RW.RC Self-starting Brushless ESC 10A / 30A / 60A / 80A / 125A / 200A with Driver Board No PWM For RC Fan Pump RC Plane

This unique ESC, technically speaking, should not be called an electronic speed governor. It has no signal line, so it cannot adjust the speed of the motor. As long as the battery is plugged in, the motor will start at full speed immediately. This brushless controller can be applied to some equipment that does not require speed adjustment.

It can be widely used in various fans, electric skateboards, underwater propellers, oil pumps, computer cooling, electric drills and various aircraft models.

• 1 year later...

Good Morning to all Team

My name is Fulvio from Italy and i would like to summarize all your comments on the topic.

I have 2 Brushed motors assembled on a Boat model (Torpedo Dachs Graupner).

If i understood well is not possible to use 1 ESC and connect 2 motors but is better 2 motors and 2 ESC, one for each single motor.

Ok this is ok for me.

Now the topic that i need to finalize with you is the follow

Can i utilize an "Y" cable to joint the 2 ESC and connect both of them in this case to channel 1 of the RX?

If i understood well yes i can but on one of the ESC cable before to joint on the "Y" i need to remove the central wire. Correct?

This is the clarification that i need.

Thanks for your support on the topic.

Best Regards Fulvio

Fulvio,

As you say that you are using brushed motors (only two wires to each motor) you can use one, large speed controller with,depending on the battery size and motor operating voltage, the two motors connected in either series or parallel.

This current discussion is about brushless motors (those with three connections to each motor), where separate esc's for each motor is required.

Tom