Hobby king customer service

Rich Griff

On 17/02/2022 at 20:46, Peter Miller said:

You may be interested to know that Amazon also sell lipos. Price might be a bit higher but they do.

Yes and other modelling stuff. About a year ago I hadn’t flown down over a year. Recharged the battery and at least a couple were out of balance. Tried every trick in the book including destroying one of the battery’s. Then DVM told me my meter was faulty. Went to Amazon Three lipos, a dual charger and a new meter were on the doorstep in less than a day and on a Sunday. Sad but that’s the way of the world.  

on another point , I wouldn’t wrap my sarnies in Solafilm either. Too damn expensive might as well forget the sarnies and go to an expensive restaurant.

• 4 weeks later...

Update I received from HK CS earlier this week regarding the fact that the EU warehouse has now completely disappeared as an option for UK buyers...

"Yes, currently we can not ship to the Uk from the EU WH, but we have not given up trying to get things in order to open up that option for UK customers once more -  it is still being pursued. We really hope we can open up to the UK once more from the EU as the UK is an important market for HK and we know there are still many customers there keen to order."

No details of what the issue is or timeline though, so I am not overly hopeful - the legislation changed in January so they are certainly taking their time about effecting a fix...

Edited by MattyB

Jon, on this site, Laser Engines, does not ship to Europe. He cites paperwork, and damaged goods in customs inspections. Might HK get the same problems in the other direction.

I don’t work for HK, but they are not rubbish. I was buying stuff this week, and a German site would not allow a decipherable French address. No sale. 

I understood that if a company registers with HMRC and forwards the VAT element to them then deliveries should go straight through without incurring handling charges - at least for goods under £135 value. Is this not the case?

I do wonder why a company the size of HK couldn’t manage to incorporate a system to continue supplying the UK from the EU warehouse - you would imagine they must be missing out on considerable sales volume. 

12 hours ago, Don Fry said:

Jon, on this site, Laser Engines, does not ship to Europe. He cites paperwork, and damaged goods in customs inspections. Might HK get the same problems in the other direction.

I don’t work for HK, but they are not rubbish. I was buying stuff this week, and a German site would not allow a decipherable French address. No sale. 

You can get the same stuff on eboot, as I did the servoless 10kilo retracts,,,

Pretty much given up on HK now, went to buy a transmitter mitt last night from global, surprise surprise it is in stock and guess what, no shipping options so can't buy it at all. Maybe that answers why it's in stock.

They really need to sort themselves out before people stop looking altogether.

What are the additional cost of importing (to the UK) stuff via HK from the EU and China. 

Are there experiences using other retailers importing to the UK.

In a very recent newspaper there was an article with respect to importing into the UK from the EU, saying that the EU customs checks that EU Vat is charged on the grounds that value is added within the EU, where ever the goods originates. Then the UK agent working on behalf of the UK customs adds their own duties and handling charges.

Other experiences with other retailers importing to the UK - the FliteLine P-38 Lightning came into stock at Motion RC EU last year and I ordered one. When it arrived I received an invoice from Fedex the following day for the VAT and with a handling charge, on top of the nominal shipping charge imparts on the Free Shipping due to my location in Mainland Scotland. I expect the same with my current order of A Flightline Spitfire IX.

Motion RC can manage to make it work, quite efficiently, so there is no excuse for Hobbyking to not be able to do the same.

1 hour ago, leccyflyer said:

Other experiences with other retailers importing to the UK - the FliteLine P-38 Lightning came into stock at Motion RC EU last year and I ordered one. When it arrived I received an invoice from Fedex the following day for the VAT and with a handling charge, on top of the nominal shipping charge imparts on the Free Shipping due to my location in Mainland Scotland. I expect the same with my current order of A Flightline Spitfire IX.

Motion RC can manage to make it work, quite efficiently, so there is no excuse for Hobbyking to not be able to do the same.

I suspect the key difference is in where the two companies are incorporated. Motion are an EU company (based in the Netherlands to be precise), whilst Hobbyking are a Chinese entity - they have never setup companies in any other countries. That in itself doesn’t make it impossible for them to address this issue, but it does mean the solution is likely to be quite different to that used by an EU entity importing to the UK.

Alternatively it could just be that HK, are a bit rubbish at admin, and/or are trying to implement a method that bends the tax rules to their advantage…

Edited by MattyB

Spoke to HK using online messaging saying if they don't sort out EU warehouse supply to uk and the vat then they will find no sales to uk. Got an almost instant reply saying 

" We are working on this and should be completed by the end of May"

I guess we'll see

9 hours ago, i12fly said:

Spoke to HK using online messaging saying if they don't sort out EU warehouse supply to uk and the vat then they will find no sales to uk. Got an almost instant reply saying 

" We are working on this and should be completed by the end of May"

I guess we'll see

They were saying exactly the same thing in Feb with an April 1st target date… ?