Hobby king customer service

Rich Griff

3 hours ago, Peter Miller said:

They also do Turnigy motors among a host of other makes.

Those are just the items I checked but it looks good to me.

Looks good to me, the shafts are reversed and the prices are good. HK don't do these now only the more expensive SK3. Thanks for the tip Peter. ?

I've just finished covering a Galaxy Twin Hornet. Due to the difficulties getting HK covering film from HK, which I've used exclusively up to now, I used McGregor film from RCWorld in Newport.

As far as I can tell it's the same film as sold by HK and Rapid RC.

Buying from Rapid RC or RCWorld is much simpler and quicker than buying from HK with the delays in supply, and the risk of additional duty, VAT etc.

GDB

8 hours ago, Maurice Dyer said:

Peter, I was on the HK Hong Kong website, which is the only one that ships to UK at the moment. Cheapest carriage was £23, total £53 for two rolls.

Have a look here Maurice, same stuff as H.K I believe. https://www.rapidrcmodels.com/cover-film-heating-tools-wing-tape-367-c.asp

5 hours ago, EvilC57 said:

Seems to me that HK have had their day as far as we in the UK are concerned. Shame, because some of their stuff was good value. Same applies to Banggood, their prices are now much higher than they ever used to be.

Call me an old cynic but isn't that what HK and the like set out to do, squeeze the life out of all the model business with incredibly low prices and when the competition goes out of business raise your own prices.

1 hour ago, Outrunner said:

Call me an old cynic but isn't that what HK and the like set out to do, squeeze the life out of all the model business with incredibly low prices and when the competition goes out of business raise your own prices.

No, they just took advantage of a loophole in the law that allowed them to legally sell without applying VAT. Now that that loophole has been closed they have to apply the tax, plus of course shipping costs, which is totally beyond their control, have also increased on a spectacular scale worldwide.  

• Like 2

Still haven't received my order placed on 2 February from the EU warehouse.

I have chased several times and been told they are having logistics problems in the warehouse (staff?).

They are unable to give me a date when the goods will be despatched.

This is my first and will be my last Hobbyking order since the UK warehouse closed.

4 minutes ago, Ian Denny said:

Still haven't received my order placed on 2 February from the EU warehouse.

I have chased several times and been told they are having logistics problems in the warehouse (staff?).

They are unable to give me a date when the goods will be despatched.

This is my first and will be my last Hobbyking order since the UK warehouse closed.

The problem they are having is EU Tax related. The earliest this will be sorted out is March 1st.

I have a Hobbyking EU Warehouse order in "Processing" since 1 Feb. All items in stock when I ordered. They won't let me cancel - so far, and they wont tell me what item, if any, is causing the delay. I can accept that they may have chaos in the EU warehouse, which is what they tell me, but this is a company that doesn't have a cancel button on their order progress page, so once ordered you are pretty much committed and will randomly get a quick delivery or a long wait.  Of course, I used them because they were cheap but this is my first order since the UK warehouse closed. I guess they won't be so keen to short ship from EU.
I have recently ordered, mostly on-line, from five UK hobby shops and withot exception the service from all of them was great with phone calls to discuss items not in stock and delivery within 48 hours and prices not far off HK (apart from LiPos!!!!). I guess you have to decide what suppliers you want to support to be providing the fun stuff and keeping the hobby going in the UK.

PS No I don't work for any UK hobby business and I aint a brexiteer.