Replacing glider motor and prop

EGB 953

Hi I would value some advice. while I wait for some decent weather to maiden my VMC cub, (https://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/49070-vintage-model-company-cub-4-channel-trainer/page/2/#comments)), I got out my old eFlite  Ascent 450 glider that met with the ground ten years ago after one of the prop blades snapped. 

The motor is duff and it seems is no longer manufactured. There is a similar engine but pretty expensive around £50 pounds. Any recommendation for an equivalent of the Eflite 450 890kv outrunner? I also note that the motors I see online all have the prop shaft sticking out the other end of the motor. How do I get one that Is positioned the correct way for a glider (motor insight the fuselage) or do I have to just hammer it through the motor till it sticks out the other side. 

Pics for reference and any advice gratefully received. I used to run it on 3s 1300 lipo which was plenty enough power for long flights and good climbs. 

D1B3B281-6AAD-42F7-B53A-0DCBB89BF9E1.jpeg

2E5968DB-53DA-4028-BE7D-8843F1DC9D33.jpeg

51A3FE4F-7CC2-4580-9685-FDF85A1A0666.jpeg