Aerotight nuts?

Traditionally, I have always fixed motor mounts to a ply firewall using tee nuts, but the latest batches I have had have seemed a bit sub-par in terms of quality. 

For an outrunner "X" mount, has anyone used "aerotight" nuts instead of nylocs, which I guess would be the usual alternative?

I'd use self tapping screws for a small motor, but I'm reluctant to do so on anything over 300W or so. 

Matt, with regard to " positive locking" of nuts and bolts, my method, which is a common practice, centre punch the thread of the bolt where it meets the nut, once tightened,so as your putting a dimple right in the corner between bolt thread and nut surface, thus preventing the nut rotating, job done. Have been using the method on engine mounting bolts, and  engine securing bolts.

Hope you get the gist of this  ?

Tee nuts are useful where you cannot get access. but if you have access then two normal nuts used as lock nuts - two spanners used to tighten one nut aginst the other ( therefore eliminating all the clearances ) - works well and can be easily undone.

Yes I've used aerotight nuts from Modelfixings, Link.

I saw them when making up an order & chucked a packet in to see what they were like. To be honest for model use I found them neither better or worse than nylocs. Their advantage seems to be at high temperatures (up to 300C) where they are still effective, whereas  the nylon in the nyloc will break down. 

However they are no substitute for a captive (tee) nut. Again I found Modelfixings to be of a decent quality when I last bought from them. Link.