Jump to content

Adhesive masking sheet WTB?

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know where to get or even what to search for to find the kind of self-adhesive paper masking sheet they use on those custom car shows on TV for masking out painted graphics. It looks like a thin slightly stretchy paper which is see-through and comes in wide sheets or on a roll. All I get when searching is either the type that's only adhesive along one edge or just some brown paper on a roll.

Tamya do small sheets for R/C cars but I was looking for a larger size.

Any custom car enthusiasts out there that could help with this would be most appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vinyl cutting machines can use masking rolls. You don’t have to have a machine, just cut by hand. Comes in different widths, to fit different machines.
It’s a big industry nowadays, and I would guess that’s where the greatest variety is, rather than the remains of the old hand crafted graphic art industry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Andy Stephenson said:



I'm lucky because a flying mate has an industrial vinyl cutter/printer so I may well ask him to cut me some more of the complex graphics.

Just bear in mind, ordinary vinyl has hi tack adhesive. My point is, there is a large industry that uses low tack vinyl for masking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...