Need to decant my aliphatic glue into smaller bottles

Andy C

I use little bottles I get from my wifes' hairdresser for free . They have long pointed snouts so are ideal , Just have to wash them out before use .

I find them perfect  I have them for Aliphatic , PVA ,oil, T cut , the list is endless  not good for PU!!  ( foaming glue like Gorrilla)

cheers

• Like 1

It might be better to buy a small bottle of the glue, use it and refill afterwards.

I see that Balsa Cabin sell CIS brand aliphatic in handy 125ml  bottles with long spout at £3.16 -half the price of De Luxe brand.  Looks just the right size bottle for use.   I have bottle of CIS Veloset in that size and it's just handy size for general plane use.    I must get a bottle of CIS aliphatic to try next time I go to Balsa Cabin - if anyone has tried it already please let us know if it's as good as De Luxe.

• 1 month later...

Slight diversion: I really like Everbuild's 5 min liquid PU. I much prefer it over Gorilla glue as it's much less viscus, foams less, and sets more quickly. Only problem is that it only comes in 750 g bottles. I've tried putting it in small plastic squeezy bottles but it seems to react with the crystal clear ones quite quickly. The slightly opaque bottles are better but there still seems to be a reaction with the plastic over time. Anyone encountered similar problems?

Black doggy poo bags. Put into small bottles and cut off excess. Fill with glue. When you squeeze the bottle the glue will still come out and I'd you retain the tension and cap the bottle you get less air in to maintain life of adhesive.

• Like 1