Turnigy and Flysky compatibility

Majikthyse

I have a Turnigy i4X Tx which is on AFHDS-2A by default, and works fine in one of my models. I am now converting another model to RC, and wanted the Turnigy micro Rx for that, but it has been out of stock everywhere for months. So after considerable research I ordered what appears to be a clone, the Flysky IA6, also on AFHDS-2A. But it will not bind to the Tx. The LED flashes as if it's trying but never stops. I switched the Tx over to AFHDS and the Rx LED flashed rapidly, still no binding. What factor other than the protocol could stop it from binding? The supplier sent me a compatibility chart, after selling me the Rx, which seems to show that only Flysky stuff is compatible.

Did you follow the sequence correctly? The receiver led flashes rapidly, then when the binding has been established it flashes more slowly. This is where you should pull the binding plug, and the led should then stop flashing and stay on permanently. Only after that should you switch the power to the Rx off.

Seems easy to remember, but I have done it in the wrong order more than once...

The Turnigy should be able to connect to any AFHDS-2A receiver, I have not tried a FlySky Rx persé, but other (cheap) brands available from our Chinese friendly suppliers were no problem.

Edited by Max Z