RCM&E has new owners….

After the second time of asking, Pocketmags Customer Service finally replied with the following:-

"Unfortunately, it seems that the publisher is a little late uploading this issue to our system. I am currently awaiting a response on when they expect to correct this, so will update you as soon as I have more information."

So it would seem that the new owners have not quite got their act together regarding the management of the magazine. I hope that this will be sorted soon.

I had noticed that at my local area, there appeared to be an issue, posted a little earlier..

"I have seen our hobby titles disappear from the shelfs of the newsagents over the years. Perhaps a very recent surprise is that some of the places where RCM&E could be found, no longer (appeared) to stock it. On a positive note I did purchase a mag for fling scale modellers (not an awful lot in though). RCM&E still remains the best that is currently available."

With the announcement of the owner change, I then and continue to hope, that the issue is a temporary issue, as perhaps there are changes to the distribution chain, as a consequence.

I expect all the issues will be resolved shortly.

The upside is my issue arrived, and there is a good read on the RR Flying Bedstead, still much to read.

Darren Hendley, Digital Media Manager, Mortons Media Group has contacted me and the May digital edition should be available by the end of the day on Pocketmags and the 'app'.

Thanks to the RCM&E editor Kevin Crozier for passing on my query to Darren. In future the digital edition should be available 2 days before they go on sale in the shops.

1 hour ago, Erfolg said:

"I have seen our hobby titles disappear from the shelfs of the newsagents over the years. Perhaps a very recent surprise is that some of the places where RCM&E could be found, no longer (appeared) to stock it. On a positive note I did purchase a mag for fling scale modellers (not an awful lot in though). RCM&E still remains the best that is currently available."

I took out a subscription to FSM last year. They now seem to be lifting material from (very) old issues and some of their other no longer available titles.

Particularly with the free plans and articles. Not even bothering to remove dated information and whoever does their proof reading could probably do with a guide dog !

RC Scale International (although currently quite thin) seems to be leading the way regarding quality at the moment.

Still very happy with RCM&E though.

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin

I agree with your assessment, in that it was FSM mag  that i purchased, which contained an article on the Albatross DV and a FW Hucklebein. The first I have seen published in the past in other magazines, different wording etc, the second pretty much a model where the construction materials more appropriate to the past (blue foam).

However i have a series of old mags by a publisher, the titles called essentially "Secret Luftwaffe aircraft", which is essentially the same info regurgitated in slightly different wording, into a series of mags. So it appears others do the same.

I doubt that the writers for mags get paid a fortune, on that basis it is sad that new material is not always the norm.

I am surprised though that model railway mags and  (other subject )titles are so numerous and of such high quality. Are there more railway modellers than us? I notice that there appears to be a lot of advertisers, could it be that more is collectively spent on model railways, although a single model locomotives seem to cost much less (in general) than many model aircraft. There will probably many reasons in most cases as to why

Edited by Erfolg
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/04/2022 at 16:18, David Ashby - Moderator said:

I see the mag’ has now appeared (along with Model Boats) on Readly for the first time. 

David, do you know if the new owners intend to pride any kind of printed back issue supply? My local stockists sold out of the recent edition with the Gyroo plan very quickly, and I'd like to pick up a copy if possible...

Edited by MattyB

8 hours ago, MattyB said:

David, do you know if the new owners intend to pride any kind of printed back issue supply? My local stockists sold out of the recent edition with the Gyroo plan very quickly, and I'd like to pick up a copy if possible...

ah, yes, they’re a little behind apparently but back issues should be available next week I’m told. 

17 hours ago, John Lee said:

Matty, if you click the 'Subscriptions' tab above you get the following:

677762609_Screenshot2022-05-24at14_47_58.thumb.jpg.cdf2a2b1eb604f9b3d46370140434689.jpg

Yes, I had seen that but it is the sort of placeholder that frequently gets auto generated during an acquisition, so wanted to hear from someone in the know within RCM&E.

I've been a subscriber to RCM&E magazine for many years and all of a sudden they stop coming through my letterbox, not so much as an email.

All i see on the subscriptions tab is 'Subscriptions and back issues are currently unavailable'

How do you get the subscription back?

5 hours ago, antony selwood said:

How do you get the subscription back?

Talk to Steven O'Hara at Mortons. He is very helpful.

My understanding is that subscription renewals are available through RCM&E subscriptions as they always were.

Steve