3D printed Humvee

Martian

got a bit stuck on my Tigercat so decided to printed and build a Humvee using stl files from 3dlab I didn't notice how big it was going to be anyway after about 300hrs printing buying additional parts like tyres, dogbones ,ali bar, servo ,suspension units and goodness how many nuts and bolts also waterproof ESC and 540 motor I used 3kg of filament and have no real idea of the completed cost. it is over 630mm long with led headlights. At least I learnt about shear strength of different filaments for example silk finish filament looks very nice but the torque on the drive units just snap then so easily. I found matt filament an improvement but the best for shear strength is standard filament from Sunlu it has properties not unlike Nylon. all drive parts have been reprinted with Sunlu .DSCF8536.thumb.JPG.4d93218fd5df3c7a8cbe00f311b1b873.JPGDSCF8538.thumb.JPG.93983e4046aebc52f0d6eca818b9604d.JPG

pics

DSCF8541.thumb.JPG.bb3dae98eab076295add5135b5b40c43.JPG

DSCF8540.JPG

• Like 6