Problems Registering

EarlyBird

I have a club mate who has failed to join despite many attempts. I have noticed others have had the same issue @Hangarqueenbeing one. It would be good to know the what the problems were and how they were resolved. BTW when asked my club mate said 'it just doesn't work', not a lot of help. I am wondering if the password strength is the cause as I know that some websites require a minimum of 9 characters to include uppercase, numbers and non alpha numeric keyboard symbols.

Steve

My password is very simple. I use the same one for most model sites because I couldn't care less if it gets hacked (financial passwords are a different matter, of course ? ).  It's just 4 lower case letters (the initials of my club) followed by 4 numbers - so 8 digits, just letters and numbers.  ie nothing fancy.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Using Linux?

Welcome @bodgerepyou made it at last, which could be because a new system has recently been installed or that we have new tech experts. I wonder if the new system is more Linux friendly, not that it matters to you now. Need help just ask, this forum is full of very knowledgeable people. Foamboard is currently very topical BTW.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed recently this forum plays very badly with my version of Firefox (latest) it often hangs when I click on "load more activity", when I make a post and doesn't log me in automatically even though I have selected "Remember Me". Using the Brave browser, however, it works perfectly.

I prefer to use Firefox but it irks me that I regularly have these problems and only on this site.

25 minutes ago, Andy Stephenson said:

I've noticed recently this forum plays very badly with my version of Firefox (latest) it often hangs when I click on "load more activity", when I make a post and doesn't log me in automatically even though I have selected "Remember Me". Using the Brave browser, however, it works perfectly.

I prefer to use Firefox but it irks me that I regularly have these problems and only on this site.

Maybe @dhendleycan help or explain. I have noticed that recently we seem to be getting a lot of new members which I assumed indicated that the registering issues had gone or at least had reduced.

Steve

1 hour ago, Andy Stephenson said:

Hi Andy

I use Firefox and have no problems at all with this Forum and can't remember the last time I had to log in.

Run on my laptop with Win10 and Firefox 103.0.1  (tells me it is up to date)

That doesn't help you I know, but there doesn't seem to be a general problem with Firefox.

Dick

• Like 1