Pesky SR6 receiver

Brian Dorricott 1

I have a Access SR6 receiver and I cannot get it into the mode where the blue light flashes and you can calibrate the sticks etc .  I have set the switch middle position delay to 0ms as that's a known problem and made sure nothing is reversed on the switches but no joy , I've gone from toggling at a slow rate to toggling like a fiddlers elbow but nothing gets the blue light on . I've even tried pushing the bind button while on even that does not do it . I only have one Access TX so can't eliminate that but it's an upto date X10 Express and the receiver is the latest firmware as well . The receiver actually works OK as a stabilised receiver  but I don't like missing out a step that's in the procedure . So if anyone has an idea what I've missed please speak up as I have had to fit an old S6R to keep flying ,bit of a backward step really .

No 1-16 channels I know it won't work unless the extra channels are enabled . Also checked the throttle is at -100% and the latest firmware is on the TX and the RX and transmit module is also up to date also the switch centre crossover set 0mS  . Done these loads of times with S6R and RM TX16S and never had a problem except with this pesky little blighter and the X10 Express . Tomorrow might put an S6R on the X10 Express and see what happens for an exercise .

Finally got to bottom of the problem . I thought because Frsky website said 1.1.1 was the latest version i believed it ( like a lemon) so off to Github and 1.1.4 is much later version which gives me the " SELF CHECK" mode in SxR . Now it reliably goes into blue light mode and allows calibration - eureka . I could not for the life of me get the switch method to work no matter how fast or slow you toggled , think its been removed from the TX. It will do me i now feel safe ( pun intended ) cheers for suggestions everyone and people who messaged me direct much appreciated .

Edited by Brian Dorricott 1
Spellin mistake
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Brian Dorricott 1 said:

Finally got to bottom of the problem . I thought because Frsky website said 1.1.1 was the latest version i believed it ( like a lemon) so off to Github and 1.1.4 is much later version which gives me the " SELF CHECK" mode in SxR . Now it reliably goes into blue light mode and allows calibration - eureka . I could not for the life of me get the switch method to work no matter how fast or slow you toggled , think its been removed from the TX. It will do me i now feel safe ( pun intended ) cheers for suggestions everyone and people who messaged me direct much appreciated .

Yes that's what I found. The latest version does not use the switch toggle method as it's in the Menu. A big improvement IMO. Well done Brian.?

Steve

14 minutes ago, Brian Dorricott 1 said:

Earlybird just goes to show with the Internet lots of information most of it out of date !

Even the Instruction Manual that comes with SR6 is out of date. ? no wonder we struggle at times. I have found in the past that printed instructions do not keep pace with product improvements.

Steve