SC61 & SC52 engine issues

Simon Lumsdon 1

Hi Jon, thanks for that timely reminder.

Leads me to another question.

Pulled the SC out of the Bullet and fitted a spare Irvine 46 instead. Intention is to set the SC up on a test stand, where I have easy access to the adjustments, without putting my pinkies at risk.

Would I be correct in assuming that if set up like this it would need slight re-adjustment when fitted back in the model, sidewinder fashion?

Also, yet to run the Irvine in the model, but the idle screw is positioned so that the head is almost flush with the outer case.

On the SC, the screw is so far in that I need a torch to see it. Don't know if that's anything to worry about, just seems odd to me.

Your thoughts?

Jeff

• 2 months later...

Just as an update i finally resolved the issue, two fixes

1) put some tubing over the needle valve to make it airtight, (o-ring spare from just engines was oversized and became cut up when valve screwed in)

2) replaces the bolt in the carb responsible for holding the barrel in situ, the previous one had been filed to make action smoother BUT this was allowing the barrel to have some lateral play which would affect low speed needle positioning within the spray bar. Suspect this was the main issue, barrel was had about 1mm play which is substantial considering the small adjustments required for the LS needle

• Like 1