Lidl small glider

I thought I might ask here first before I possible damage this little glider, the short small wingspan chuck glider by lidl they sold last year.

It's foam is similar to the larger wing span chuck gliders they sold.

The rudder area has a definite " lean"  to the left looking at the tail , forward.

This, and the slight tail plane lean due to the leaning rudder, can that be corrected with some heat and gentle persuasion please ?

If heat is a bad idea I will attempt to correct the lean by inserting the lightest stiffest material I have, probably very thin ply....

Suggestions/experiences gladly recieved...thanks.

Well if it's the same one I've got (I actually bought two) it only cost £3.99 so worth the risk.  Hot water sometimes does the trick with EPO foam, but can spoil the surface a bit.

If you are planning to "electrify" it, it makes a great little powered glider.  Flies a dream and can even cope well with some wind. 

Mine is full house but I straightened the trailing edge of the tailplane and added an elevator made of EPP (a bit of packaging from another model).

Baby Flidl Finished 02.jpg

Baby Flidl in flight 11.jpg

Baby Flidl in flight 12.jpg

Baby Flidl in flight 080LC.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply rw....

Lovely, that's looks like the one...

I had some money to play with when I bought it, so got a couple.

Yes, one gunna be an a + e sloper, another similar but electric powered, my first adventure into lipo electric stuff.

May I ask what motor)prop/battery combination did you use please.

These are small so can be boxed and transported to the slope by m/cycle...

I bought the emax special, motor, prop, esc, servo kit for £24, and two batteries .....

Edited by Rich Griff

Hi Rich,  well as you know this is a very small little beastie, so it's all a very tight fit under the cockpit!    All the "bits" were bought from HobbyKing.

It flies on Turnigy 2S 180 LiPos and the battery fits into the scooped out canopy, above all the other electronics which are taped into the scooped out cockpit below.   

The motor is a micro 1712 2290Kv 3.5A 9.2g  The ESC is a 6A (Brand X) and the RX is a tiny Orange DSMX for Spektrum.  The prop is a GWS 4530.  The servos (all 3 of them) are Turnigy1370A 3.7g. 

Hope that helps.

The easiest conversion is to mount a small edf  behind  the  canopy with cable ties and hot glue. My one takes a 3 cell 1300 up to 2200 with little trim change, the 2200  is a squeeze but leaves some gap , not noticed in the air. Stiffen the fuze with carbon rod, all reclaimed from superannuated craft.

• Like 1

Thanks guys...

Maybe for now just a small a+e sloper...

The larger version maybe the electric powered "first adventure" or the RC converted "found" rubber powered free flight aeromodellers free plan plane that flies RC really well on an old DC sabre diesel.

I used the wing format/design but extended to make a basic r+e powered glider powered by a diesel me heron 1cc, that flies well also.

I will use the "bent" lidl mini glider to make all the mistakes with...