Webra 40

Those Webra dynamix carbs good while new but vibration would wear the rather convoluted link and sliding block upsetting the running.

My Blertiot XI has a Webra 61 of the same type fitted when the aircraft was built in the 70's. However the carb has been replace with a more modern twin needle carb [ SC I think ] On which it runs very well through the speed range.

SAM_1322 (2).JPG

SAM_0993.JPG

• Like 1

'Fraid my only experience is with the TN carbs, but I can suggest a "standard" setup that works with most carbs that don't have a separate air-bleed for idle adjustment.

First, attach a length of fuel tube to the inlet (to blow through). Open the main needle a turn or two wider than the running setting, then:

Close the barrel to the point where a pin is just trapped between the barrel and the carb body (ie: almost, but not quite fully closed). Adjust the idle needle until you can JUST hear a faint hiss when you blow down the fuel line.

This will generally get you in the ball park for most carbs that use a twin needle design, with no airbleed.

The Dynamix had a reputation for being tricky to set correctly, but working very well once you found the "sweet spot".

--

Pete

Hi. If you still need help with your dynamix carb ,there's an article written in one of the mags about 1981 ,"webra dynamix carburetor beast or beauty? By Robert H Munn. I think it can still be found on line,but if you have any probs pm me & I will gladly send you a copy by post. Kenb