Jerry Bates Dragon Rapide info sought

James Rennie

Mods you might want to amend the title of this thread to remove the email address. 

I have no direct knowledge of the model but generally i would recommend all the rudder you can get as its a twin, a reasonable amount of aileron movement and a fairly minimal amount of elevator. I have sold countless engines for these models and they fly well i am told. 

38 minutes ago, James Rennie said:

Thanks for that Jon I have never put anything on the form before

No problem, its easily done. 

I am trying to remember the names of customers who have built these in the past and seeing if i have their contact details to ask for their input. no luck so far as its been a while. 

Hi David 

Thanks very much for getting back to me, yes I have had a few emails to Jerry on the build and he has been very helpful but he does not know about the movements 

he told me to ask his agent in the UK Flying Fighters they said they don't  od this model 

Thanks again Jim Rennie 

Thanks for the prompt Chris - I remembered that I had found, years ago, somewhere in the depths of the internet, a copy of the DeHavilland Care and Service Manual for the DH89a. A quick rummage in my old desktop computer and I found the control movements for the full size aircraft.

1252392227_ControlThrows1.jpg.a9154fad80def60ba7ab47102aeb3f31.jpg

This may help, but of course full size doesn't always translate directly to model size.

• 7 months later...