No Warbling Bleeps?

Hi All,

Recently I had an unscheduled arrival in the rapeseed crops which were about 5 feet high. I estimated (incorrectly) that the plane was about 30 feet into the crops and I had it pinpointed. After 3 extensive searches I finally found it by operating the aileron servo with the TX. It turned out that it was a lot farther out into the crop than I'd thought. This incident then spurred me on to fitting a 'Lost Plane Alarm' to all my 6 planes.

The 1st 5 planes were no problem as I fitted the type that go into a spare channel on the RX and operate on a TX switch. The 6th plane unfortunately had no spare channel. I had in stock, one of the alarms with the 2 cables which go in-line with a receiver servo output. I chose the elevator. The instructions say that providing the alarm is seeing a TX signal the alarm is quiet, but if the RX loses the signal or the TX has been turned off, the alarm imits a warbling sound for about a minute or so. Then following that, it changes to a different warbling sound. All I get if I turn off the TX, is a (quiet) delay of about 1.5 minutes, then a constant tone which carries on indefinitely until either I turn off the receiver or turn the TX back on providing a signal.

I really prefer the warbling sound, so I then went on-line to purchase a couple more alarms (with the twin leads). This time, a different make from a different supplier. They are physically slightly different too. The instructions enclosed are very similar to the one I'd previously tried (says provides bleeping sound). Anyway, I've just tried both of these and they are giving exactly the same results as the previous one. I am now at a bit of a loss.

Anyone else had this problem?