Forum speed issues?

Ron Gray

Not sure how many others are experiencing problems but for the last week I've noticed a dramatic slow down in the response from both the forum and the messaging system. I've just typed a message and from pressing the Send button to getting confirmation took 2 minutes. I also sent a message earlier today and it was sent 3 times despite me not refreshing the screen. A couple of buddies have been experiencing the same issues too, and before anyone asks my internet connection speeds are >70 Mbits down, circa 18 Mbits up and it is only this site that I'm having problems with.

Edited by Ron Gray
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

Instantaneous opening of post, 4 minutes from submitting reply to it actually refreshing with reply in place. If you hit refresh before it has done it itself, the reply gets duplicated / triplicated…..

Does it I had noticed multiple posts recently.

10 hours ago, Ron Gray said:

Not sure how many others are experiencing problems but for the last week I've noticed a dramatic slow down in the response from both the forum and the messaging system. I've just typed a message and from pressing the Send button to getting confirmation took 2 minutes. I also sent a message earlier today and it was sent 3 times despite me not refreshing the screen. A couple of buddies have been experiencing the same issues too, and before anyone asks my internet connection speeds are >70 Mbits down, circa 18 Mbits up and it is only this site that I'm having problems with.

Same here Ron - taking at least 40 seconds to 1 minute to make a post. Summats up, for sure.

10 hours ago, Ron Gray said:

Hi Ron have had the same problem . Thought it was my tablet or connection.

@Engine Doctorthats the problem, we all suspect it’s something to do with our ‘gear’ whereas the problem is at the server end, that’s the reason I put the post here, to raise awareness! 
I do get occasional messages from Cloudflare telling me that the problem is on modelflying.co.uk and of course I do immediately check other websites to confirm that the problem is only related to this ‘site!

I will keep posting on this thread whenever I have a problem, hopefully this will get picked up by the techies.

1 hour ago, Andy Stephenson said:

It seems to be running OK right now but during the week it was frustratingly slow, could this be due to the forum running on a new server with heavy demands on it during office hours.

Nope is slow @ 3am.

Anyone remember the old RCMF forum? 

Whenever issues like this cropped up, the answer was always "everything's fine here, the problem must be at your end!"  ?

PS - this post appeared almost instantaneously, so everything's fine here - the problem must be your end...

Edited by Mike T
more info