Forum speed issues?

Ron Gray

11 hours ago, Rich Griff said:

Hamburger still u/s, up to 6 now...

I made a discovery about the hamburger menu on mobile. Tap the burger and the screen darkens, then double click. The menu appears allowing the notifications to be read and reset. Not what it should do but it's a workaround for this particular issue.

Edit - alternatively, pinch the screen to zoom out after the screen darkens. The menu is actually appearing but is off screen. Similar situation for viewing who sent "likes".

Edited by Gary Manuel

Speed is very erratic for me (instant - minutes) but the number of double post suggests either double submitting because they think its not gone, or an issue ?

This one was instant ?

Edited by Ace

17 minutes ago, Ace said:

Speed is very erratic for me (instant - minutes) but the number of double post suggests either double submitting because they think its not gone, or an issue ?

After many attempts I finally managed a double post. ?

Double posts should be impossible because the code that greys out the Submit Reply button is client side. Pressing Submit Reply runs a piece of code, on the device, that greys out the button and also sends information to the server (server side) nothing happens until the server replies, as indicated by the button continuing to be greyed out.

When the server replies the new page should be loaded along with the button returning to normal. That did not happen but the page refreshed without the new post. To double post click on the editor and the post reappears so submit reply again, I assume this can be repeated many times. Eventually all the posts will, like magic, appear but to do so the page has to be refreshed by reposting or leaving the topic and returning.

I assume the server is replying to my device before the database (DB) has been updated with the new post, posts must sit in a queue waiting for the DB.

Not how it's supposed to work but as we have been told the Techies are working on the system.

Steve

3 hours ago, Gary Manuel said:

Tap the burger and the screen darkens, then double click

Double clicking does not work for me on my android. I have to swipe right to left then it appears. Interestingly on the RCM&E home the menu icon is on the left of the bar and it works as a drop down menu, much better I think.

Steve

I have just had a double post by doing nothing. . . I only sent it once (funnies) but it has appeared twice.

I reported it to the Moderators.  . . . And that seems to have gone twice too. 

All postings are taking an age to go through. . . . 

It's all very strange. 

Prior to my retirement (yesterday!) I was a product ‘owner’ for software in the construction industry. It was always my belief that if a customer reported an issue it should be investigated and if confirmed then steps put in place to rectify. Above all else it was vital to keep the customers abreast of the process which, in turn, led to happier customers. I would dearly like for something similar here, if we knew what the anticipated timeframe was for a ‘fix’ it would ease the frustration somewhat. 

I know that we had some feedback on Monday but a more detailed update would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Happy retirement Ron, hope you have no problems with the pension people like I have...

Emergency payment landed in bank this morning as promised, just waiting for letter of explanation to arrive.

Still no explanation of the "mistake" by them in February, but that was "corrected", "temporarily reinstated", then more mistakes happened...makes you wonder.

Demoralised workforce, 9,000 redundancies in the offing...

1 hour ago, Ron Gray said:

Prior to my retirement (yesterday!) I was a product ‘owner’ for software in the construction industry. It was always my belief that if a customer reported an issue it should be investigated and if confirmed then steps put in place to rectify. Above all else it was vital to keep the customers abreast of the process which, in turn, led to happier customers. I would dearly like for something similar here, if we knew what the anticipated timeframe was for a ‘fix’ it would ease the frustration somewhat. 

I know that we had some feedback on Monday but a more detailed update would be appreciated.

Reports on here have been noted and passed up the chain, as yet the problem hasn't been identified, issue has been raised with others today and hopefully we'll have an answer and return to normal soon. Don't need to report multiple posts, they'll get sorted by the mods as we see them, sorry I can't be more help.

19 minutes ago, Rich Griff said:

Happy retirement Ron, hope you have no problems with the pension people like I have...

As it’s a somewhat late retirement (I’m rapidly approaching 70) I deferred my state pension but decided to take it 6 months ago. Unlike your horrible experience mine was straightforward!

@john stones 1 - Moderatormany thanks for the update, that’s all we can ask for until the problem is resolved. If it’s going to be a drawn out issue (well that’s what it currently is) then maybe a regular update would be nice.

9 minutes ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Reports on here have been noted and passed up the chain, as yet the problem hasn't been identified, issue has been raised with others today and hopefully we'll have an answer and return to normal soon. Don't need to report multiple posts, they'll get sorted by the mods as we see them, sorry I can't be more help.

Have they tried turning it off and back on again? ?

• Haha 1