What is the difference?

Some ESC for quads and helis are designed to be controlled by a "flight controller" and may not accept the normal output from a receiver. 

If they will work with a normal receiver they should be fine. You just need to confirm that before buying. 

Dick

It says it is a BLheli ESC with Dshot. If it is BLheli, then it is fully programmable with many settable parameters (the same as FrSky Neuron ESCs), but you need the BLheli app to run on your computer to set it up, and a special connection to "talk" to it.

As it has Dshot, it may not support normal PWM input, Dshot is, I understand, a high speed method of sending the throttle information to the ESC.

Mike

On 07/06/2022 at 21:54, Erfolg said:

I want a 30 amp ESC for a electric model. I have undertaken a search and found that speed controllers for Quads and helis seem attractive.

An example is  this https://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/spedix-is30a-blheli_s-30a-esc-2-4s. So why not?

‘Attractive’ as in cheap?

If they are designed for drones using them in a fixed wing model is inviting unforeseen problems in my view and not worth it. Just pay the extra fiver and enjoy the hobby.

• Like 1