Universal Receiver ACCST firmware

Mike Blandford

I have flashed 4 off D8R-11  receivers with the Universal firmware following Mikes posting on RC Groups website.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3391195-FrSky-D16-firmware-for-D8-receivers&perpage=20

I've a couple more D8R's to convert when time permits. 

Converts D8 to D16 and binds easily. Test bound to V1 EU/LBT and V2FCC successfully.

Took a bit of exercising of the "little grey cells" but all working.

In theory it now doesn't make any difference to which FRSky D16 Tx version you are on. 

• 4 months later...

We are beta testing this firmware on the RX4R and RX6R receivers. For these we have been testing a "user activation" feature. This involves users flashing the receiver themselves, then binding. At this point no receiver outputs work (no servo outputs, no SPort, no SBUS).

You then run a script on the Tx that obtains a 12-character unique ID from the receiver. You send this to one of the main FrSky dealers (or possibly me!) and get a 6-character activation code back. Using the same script as before you enter this into the Rx and it is then fully activated and all outputs work.

I've just completed adding this to the existing receivers that support UNI firmware (X8R, X6R, X4R, X4R-SB, RX8R and RX8R-PRO), so this method of getting UNI on those receivers should be available quit soon.

Mike

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Blandford said:

We are beta testing this firmware on the RX4R and RX6R receivers. For these we have been testing a "user activation" feature. This involves users flashing the receiver themselves, then binding. At this point no receiver outputs work (no servo outputs, no SPort, no SBUS).

You then run a script on the Tx that obtains a 12-character unique ID from the receiver. You send this to one of the main FrSky dealers (or possibly me!) and get a 6-character activation code back. Using the same script as before you enter this into the Rx and it is then fully activated and all outputs work.

I've just completed adding this to the existing receivers that support UNI firmware (X8R, X6R, X4R, X4R-SB, RX8R and RX8R-PRO), so this method of getting UNI on those receivers should be available quit soon.

Mike

And the cost of this service?

I guess it is going to come in at a fair bit less than when having to send the RX to a dealer?

With so many RX to do I would much prefer the self help option.

Would the "script" run under ETHOS OpenTX and Edge TX or are we going to be limited to say just OpenTX?

Thanks.

Unless I’ve read it wrong, this new method is self help apart from getting the authorisation codes from an FrSky dealer (or hopefully Mike). I’m hoping that the Rx unique ID is fixed so that I can run the script on each RX, make a list then get all authorisation codes in one go.

The unique ID is fixed for each Rx, it is obtained from the processor.

I expect the script to be available for all of ETHOS, EdgeTx, openTx and erskyTx. The LUA script has been tested on openTx and erskyTx, a BASIC script is also OK on erskyTx.

EdgeTx should be tested shortly.

I'm not aware if there will be any cost for this firmware is flashing yourself, I've only just completed and tested the changes.

Mike

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Blandford said:

The unique ID is fixed for each Rx, it is obtained from the processor.

I expect the script to be available for all of ETHOS, EdgeTx, openTx and erskyTx. The LUA script has been tested on openTx and erskyTx, a BASIC script is also OK on erskyTx.

EdgeTx should be tested shortly.

I'm not aware if there will be any cost for this firmware is flashing yourself, I've only just completed and tested the changes.

Mike

Even better, a total win for me.

Kev

The self install UNI firmware is now available (no cost):

It is posted here: https://forum.alofthobbies.com/index.php?threads/universal-accst-firmware-is-coming.2252/post-39272 together with instructions.

Receivers currently supported are: X8R, X6R, X4R, X4R-SB, RX8R and RX8R-PRO.

Features:

Auto-detect of protocol V1/V2, FCC/LBT.

Mitigation of the "V1 bug".

Auto-tuning to match the Tx frequency.

The SBUS output may be swapped to be an extra servo output.

VFR (Valid Frame Rate) telemetry value.

Random telemetry errors eliminated.

Map any channel to any output.

Individually select servo outputs to be 18mS or 9mS rate.

Supports dual bind.

X4R may be configures to output CPPM.

X8R uses the RSSI signal as an analog input (A2) with a voltage range of 0-3.3V.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mike Blandford said:

The self install UNI firmware is now available (no cost):

It is posted here: https://forum.alofthobbies.com/index.php?threads/universal-accst-firmware-is-coming.2252/post-39272 together with instructions.

Receivers currently supported are: X8R, X6R, X4R, X4R-SB, RX8R and RX8R-PRO.

Features:

Auto-detect of protocol V1/V2, FCC/LBT.

Mitigation of the "V1 bug".

Auto-tuning to match the Tx frequency.

The SBUS output may be swapped to be an extra servo output.

VFR (Valid Frame Rate) telemetry value.

Random telemetry errors eliminated.

Map any channel to any output.

Individually select servo outputs to be 18mS or 9mS rate.

Supports dual bind.

X4R may be configures to output CPPM.

X8R uses the RSSI signal as an analog input (A2) with a voltage range of 0-3.3V.

Mike

I shall try one later. I have a few "unused" RX.
Who would be best to get the code from? The post says "this code is then emailed to one of the FrSky dealers working with UNI " Are T9 in the UK participating?

No! The RX6R uses a different processor and RF chip (all-in-one device).

UNI firmware for the RX4R and RX6R is currently in beta test.

T9 already offer the option to send in your receivers to have UNI firmware flashed, so they should be in a position to supply the activation code at some point. Whether they have this set up yet I don't know.

Mike

Edit: I use Firefox and on this site every post I make takes about a minute to take place!

Edited by Mike Blandford