Engine test stand

David perry 1

Many years ago, probably at the recommendation of Brian Winch, bless his soul, I bought an expensive Sheldon engineering USA test stand.  Still in perfect use today...thank you Mr W.  That test stand has been one of my trusty companions throughout my modelling life over the decades.

Just had to say...

D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, been away on me hols...

Heres the stand.  As you can see, the best things are the simplest.  The engine mount is clamped between the stand and the floating 1/4" plate which is screwed down by hand.  The plate doesnt HOLD the mount though...you might just spot a small lug sticking up on one side.  These lugs, present on both sides, pass through the bolt holes in the engine mount and stop it moving.  The stand is bolted down via the holes at the back.   Simple and effective: cheap it was not but it's been a life long ally.

D

20220711_144916.jpg

On 11/07/2022 at 16:30, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

Ouuu,,,,I was at Model Technics years ago when they were running ( if my memory is right ) an OS.91 two stroke testing their fuel

on a two bolt system the same as yours although a lot beefier, and luckily it was in an 'armoured' box, yes it broke loose, and hell did it make a big bang,,,😵

Ha ha, I'll bet it did.  I always treat mine with great respect!